Increasing cache pool with different size disk

I'm on 6.5.3 and run a two disk (SSD) btrfs RAID1 cache pool. One disk is 525GB and one is 1TB.

My question is what is my pool size (in terms of how much data I can store on it)? My guess is that with the two disks I have, and if I'm using RAID 1, my pool size is actually 525GB. I'm thinking of increasing the size of my cache pool, and I'd like to replace the smaller drive with a 1TB drive. Will that increase my pool size to 1TB? I read that btrfs also stores some metadata: does that take up a lot of space?

5 hours ago, sonofdbn said:

my pool size is actually 525GB

Correct.

I'm thinking of increasing the size of my cache pool, and I'd like to replace the smaller drive with a 1TB drive. Will that increase my pool size to 1TB?

Yes.

I read that btrfs also stores some metadata: does that take up a lot of space?

Every filesystem uses metadata, it usually takes a very small space compared to data, but it varies with the number of files, snapshots, etc, for 1TB cache I would say usual metadata size is around 5/10GB, you can check actual size with:

btrfs fi usage -T /mnt/cache