Drive error while building parity drive

5 minutes ago, publicENEMY said:

Preserve current assignements. What should I choose? none?

All.

It will let you change any assignments before starting. You just need to change the disk12 assignment. Then it will rebuild parity (if you don't check the box) based on the new assignments.

18 minutes ago, publicENEMY said:

as you can see, the contents of a folder in the array is empty, \\TOWER\Cloud\ijm\move\2019\Movie

but there is contents in the same folder in the disk 8, \\TOWER\disk8\Cloud\ijm\move\2019\Movie

Like mentioned, it's related to the disk/share settings, make sure user shares includes all disks and none are excluded.

Post a screenshot of Shares - User Shares from the Unraid webUI. Possibly you have accidentally created some user shares with disk names.

I don't recommend even working with individual disks on the network. Best if you don't share any disks and just work with user shares. It can cause confusion and even data loss if you try to work with disks and user shares both.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:26 AM, johnnie.black said:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply

-assign a new disk12, start the array, use for example UD to mount old disk and copy to new disk (array) before or after syncing parity

Any LSI with a SAS2008/2308/3008 chipset in IT mode, e.g., 9201-8i, 9211-8i, 9207-8i, 9300-8i, 9400-8i, etc and clones, like the Dell H200/H310 and IBM M1015, these latter ones need to be crossflashed.

Do you think an LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP card will work with the current kernel in unraid? It's an older type SAS card with PCIe x4 (not x8) pins. Which is also exactly what I need, since that x4 port is what is still free in my mainboard. Unclear to me what chipset is used in this card (the chip-info is obscured with a marker).

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

It might, but not recommended since it's a raid controller, not an HBA, also it won't work with >2TB drives.

I can set it to RAID-0 in LSI BIOS.

I used to have an older HP raid P222 controller card that I simply set to use RAID-0 for each drive, which worked for other linux software, so I'm hoping this will work.

1 hour ago, fluisterben said:

I used to have an older HP raid P222 controller card that I simply set to use RAID-0 for each drive, which worked for other linux software, so I'm hoping this will work.

It might work, but sill not recommended, one of the reasons is that it might require rebuilding all disks if you change the controller in the future, like this post.

• Like 1
On 7/10/2019 at 1:41 PM, johnnie.black said:

It might work, but sill not recommended, one of the reasons is that it might require rebuilding all disks if you change the controller in the future, like this post.

Ah, that's actually a real valid reason I would not immediately think of. I'll do some switching around here between that older LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP and a LSI SAS 9207-8i HBA (I now have in my main desktop with Covecube's StableBit DrivePool). The only issue is that this last card is PCIe x8, this means I have to put it in the x8 slot on this Asrock E3C246D4U serverboard, on which it is shared with the PCI-E x16 slot through a "PCI-E switch" straight to/from the Xeon. The x16 slot now has a card with 3 M.2 NVME SSD's, and the manual says the x16 slot will auto-switch to x8 when that (other) x8 slot is occupied. Not sure if the ssd card is using the full x16 bandwidth. Will have to check..