Dropping network past 2 days

So I've been having an issue the past 2 days with network dropping out.  The server stays up and appears to be working as normally but no external network access in or out.  It seems to happen randomly.  Last night booted at 10:43 and it went out at 11:14 (syslog7-1-19), booted backup and at best guess it went out around 3:00am.  Booted it around 7:45am and it's been up since (syslog 7-2-19).  It's an older AMD fx-8350, at least 6+ years old.  I was on 6.71 yesterday and updated to 6.72 and the issue persisted.  When going to 6.7 I did have odd networking issues and had to get rid of static and go dhcp to get it to work.  If I manually added a default route at the time it would work with static.

unraid-diagnostics-20190702-1418.zip syslog7-2-19 syslog7-1-19

NIC problem:

Jul  2 03:10:19 Unraid kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (r8169): transmit queue 0 timed out

Realtek NICs can some time have issues with some kernel releases, IMHO best bet would be to get an Intel NIC.

Also, the Samsung unassigned SSD is having some timeout errors, recommend replacing/swapping both cables.

6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

NIC problem:

Jul  2 03:10:19 Unraid kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (r8169): transmit queue 0 timed out

Realtek NICs can some time have issues with some kernel releases, IMHO best bet would be to get an Intel NIC.

Also, the Samsung unassigned SSD is having some timeout errors, recommend replacing/swapping both cables.

That sounds like what's happening, thanks!  Not sure I even have room for a new nic but I'll check.  If not maybe I'll have to downgrade.   For the Samsung SSD, it works great if I have it on one of the Raid controllers.  I know I've swapped cables and ports and the issue has followed that device.  I guess I'll try again.