[SOLVED] Problems with Dell Perc 310 not showing disk

Hi,

I'm very new to unraid so please excuse the noob question...

I have successfully set up unraid, got my shares working, and got some dockers and a VM working, and been running nice for a week or so.

So my current setup is 4 8tb WD red drives, all attached to motherboard SATA ports, along with a SSD for cache

Now that I have copied over all my data from my old Drobo units, i wanted to attach the WD Red drives that I had in the Drobo's, so I purchased a pre flashed into IT mode Dell Perc H310 card. - I have discovered the trick to getting it to work with the non dell main board (piece of tape over pin 5 and 6) and the SAS card shows in system devices.

However, I have a WD drive attached to connector 1 of a 8087 SAS splitter that is plugged into channel A on the H310, but the drive does not show up.

I cannot seem to get into the bios of the card (I've tried CTRL-R while booting)

So really stuck at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Diagnostics attached

tower-diagnostics-20190702-2025.zip

Edited by JBanner

Do any drives work on the card? It could be that you got the wrong kind of 8087 breakout cable. There two kinds of cables that have different wiring. Forward breakout cables are meant to connect, in your case, from an adapter card to the drives. A reverse breakout cable is designed to connect from a motherboard's SATA ports to a SAS backplane.

You need to make sure your cable is a SAS 8087 forward breakout cable.

You can see a deeper explanation here:

Thanks for the reply.

I have not tried any other drives on the card, but the drive connected is a known good drive.

The 8087 cable that I have didn't specify when I ordered it whether it was forward or backward... I've ordered a forward cable and will post the result when it comes in.