New install - IP address assignment problem

Hi,

Brand new to unraid so please bear with my ignorance!  I'm using an old PC I had lying around, so it's a couple of years old, but I've gotten Unraid up and running on it.  At my office, everything looks to run fine and it has a normal IP address assigned to it (192.168.1.15), installed the CA app etc.  At home, however, the same box is unable to get an IP address (it gets the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ip address) and no valid internet connection.  So it has to be some difference in my home network setup, any suggestions on what to look for?  DHCP is running on the home modem and other devices seem to get IP addresses assigned without a problem.  And just to confirm, we have internet at both places that functions fine, not running pfsense or anything like that, and the computer/powercord/keyboard/mouse are the same.  

Home network map is incoming wall connection -> modem (from ISP) -> router (from ISP) -> switch -> Unraid computer.  I did try removing the switch and connected directly to the router (albeit via a long ethernet cord) and no difference.  I also tried deleting the network.cfg file and also rebooting the modem & router, no apparent change.  

Computer specs if it helps:

ECS - H81H3-I/HDMI (V1.0) Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard

Intel - Core i3-4150 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor

I believe 8gb of RAM

Thanks for any tips/suggestions!

tower-diagnostics-20190702-0059.zip

11 minutes ago, joesstuff said:

Yes, although I did not then reboot the server afterwards, would I need to?  

I would.  Certainly wouldn't hurt.  But you said, 

1 hour ago, joesstuff said:

DHCP is running on the home modem

1 hour ago, joesstuff said:

modem (from ISP) -> router (from ISP) -

Which means that the router is the one handing out addresses

@joesstuff Have your home network ever supported more than one device? Some brain dead ISP tech teams in my neck of the woods actually think you only should have one device connected to the internet and thus limit their router by default to only hand out one DHCP address - go figure. :(

EDIT: Oops you did mention other devices...

One option is to use the settings from the DHCP server on the router and work out a static IP you can assign the Unraid server.

Edited by ken-ji