When i turn on IOMMU Unraid network no longer works

Go to solution Solved by I Enjoy Creating Videos,

Hello i have an issue with unraid when i try to use IOMMU In any version above 6.6.7 it won't work it gives a boot error saying "Bond0" can't find it then i am not able to get in to web gui or anything no way to get in to unraid network nic stops working but if i go back in to motherboard and turn off IOMMU it works fine only issue with that is how would i pass my video card to my vm with out IOMMU 

Thanks!

This from your other post in reports. Let's keep the discussion here.

5 hours ago, JP s said:

Hello everyone i have a interesting issue that i need help salving when i use unraid 6.6.7 everything works great but when i try to use version 6.7.0 and newer that is when the issue begins to show up the issue is when unraid boots up and i pick to boot in to the web gui then when i am in unraid the web gui will work but not my network or internet 

the massage i get is "Interface ethernet port0 is down check cable" but the cable and network is just fine if i reboot unraid and then go in to my motherboards bios/UEFI and disable IOMMU then it will boot up just fine works great but if i enable IOMMU then it makes the onboard Ethernet jack not work not sure why this is happening any idea the motherboard is a AM3+ Gigabyte 970-gaming sli is it not supported in the newer versions? if i go back to 6.6.7 then everything works great no issues  the onboard ethernet port is a Intel (R) l211 Gigabit Network Connection if that helps if anyone knows please let me know? i have tried different usb sticks i even tried reformatting the usb sticks with the unriad zip files and i have used the creation tool as well i have tried usb3 ports and usb2 ports nothing seems to make it work only version 6.6.7 or turning off IOMMU  on the newer Versions 6.7.0 and newer Thanks for your time JP 

• Like 1

hello thank you for your reply i appreciate it i looked at the link and i tried those's commands to edit the iommu=pt  and the iommu=soft they didn't seem to work for my networking issue i still don't have internet and i can't use my network to get to unraid i have tried resetting the network.cfg file to automatic even tried deleted it so it will make new one and it still don't work is there any commend that would work for networking  iommu=networking i don't know much about linux commands please all help is greatly appreciated

this only happens on 6.7.0 and 6.7.1 and 6.7.2 i tried them all same issue but 6.6.7 works great very strange

Thank you 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hello everyone i got my unraid up and working i found what i was doing wrong i found when i added the command iommu=soft it would then work on the network and the web gui and the internet but it disabled the iommu so no passthrough so then i went back and changed it to iommu=pt and now everything works great the issue was i was typing it in the unraid os but i also needed to type it in the unraid os gui because i was accessing it through the gui that was the reason i was having so much trouble i wanted to write this to let everyone know and to help anyone else if they ever have the same issue that i had thanks to everyone who wrote and helped i really appreciate it... :):):)  

P.S

one more thing when i went to unraid V6.7.2 the web gui now has really low resolution like 800 X 600 but when i was on unraid V6.6.7 it was normal or i should say it look much better on my 1600 X 900 monitor is there a way to set it to be higher resolution again like a edit to the code or something that i could type in Thank you all for your time :) 

Edited by JP s