*SOLVED* Install Plugin Issue - Read only file system

Hi there everyone! I am relatively new to Unraid, and have just started getting it setup. However, when trying to install my first plugin, I get this error. Any recommendations to solve this issue?

Thank you!

errorunraid.JPG

Edited by Hman2121
2 hours ago, trurl said:

attach the complete diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post

2 hours ago, Hman2121 said:

I went ahead and attached it to my post

Since I saw the thread had a new post, I visited the thread again. If you had simply added the attachment to the first post without actually making a new post, I would not have come back to this thread since I would not have known there was anything new in it.

The diagnostics downloaded from the webUI is already a single zip file. Please just give us the zip file exactly as it was downloaded. There is no need for you to rar it, so no need for us to figure out how to open some other archive format.

I will wait for the zip attached to your next post.

26 minutes ago, Hman2121 said:

Here's the ZIP file. diagnostics-20190703-2315.zip

It appears that key /boot/config/* files are set to read-only  That is the USB flash drive.  Try removing your boot flash from the server and running a chkdsk on it in a Windows machine.  It will likely find and correct file system errors and then the server should boot properly and you should be able to install plugins.

That is not the diagnostics zip file downloaded from the webUI. It has another diagnostics folder inside it. You must have created that zip file yourself.

If you think the download is a bunch of separate files and folders, and so you must zip them up yourself, that is because your computer or browser is configured to automatically open zip files. The download itself is a single zip file, saved into the folder your browser normally uses for downloads, one level up from where you see the separate files and folders after the zip was automatically opened. See if you can figure this out. You should not create a zip file. The diagnostics is already a zip file.

All of this trouble we are having right now is why I used these exact words in my first reply:

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

In any case, the diagnostics show what I already suspected. Your flash drive is corrupt. Shut down, put the flash drive in your PC and let it checkdisk.

Are you using a USB2 port on your server to boot from? USB3 ports aren't as reliable for the boot drive, so USB2 is recommended.

4 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

It appears that key /boot/config/* files are set to read-only  That is the USB flash drive.  Try removing your boot flash from the server and running a chkdsk on it in a Windows machine.  It will likely find and correct file system errors and then the server should boot properly and you should be able to install plugins.

Okay thank you for the help, I will try that!