[6.7.2] Very poor array read speeds

Hi, I've updated to the latest stable version, however I'm seeing very poor read speeds from the array.

If I transfer a file (70GB movie file) using MC from the Array to a share that's set to cache-only, I will see no more than 13-14 MB/s read speed from the array. However, transferring the same file over the network to my Windows PC yields an average of 100+ MB/s.

The array is running off an LSI 9211-8i controller and the cache drive is a 970 Evo 1TB.

I had the thought that it could be a PCI-E bandwidth issue, but everything seems to be running at maximum speed.

Any suggestions or insights would be fantastic. Thanks.

Edited by Outcasst
1 hour ago, Benson said:

Does it really go to cache SSD ? Or other read write in array at same time.

Yes, it's definitely going on to the cache. Also, when the transfer is in progress, it eats about 20% of the 4930k, which is alot for a single file transfer, right?

Other than that, the array is completely idle. No other read/writes are happening.

Edit: Now it's happening over the network. a burst of 112MB/s and dropping down to an average of 7-13MB/s.

I've tried moving files from different disks within the array, same result.

I have also benchmarked the drives using DiskSpeed and they are all showing 200MB/s Max Read speeds, so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

Edited by Outcasst

If move from array to cache not max 1XMB/s ALWAYS, then this is other common topic.

Perform TRIM on SSD may help for write performance on SSD.

Someone say ver 6.7, CPU usage include i/o idle wait time, so not maans CPU usage only.

Edited by Benson

I am also seeing horrendous IO wait times on my SSD cache disks w/6.7.2, to the point top wa is at 89% and unraid becomes unusable. The closest I have come to determining where the issue (given the systems near unusable state) is mdrecoveryd has a state of "D" and has 100 utilization (via top). I have downgraded back to 6.7.0 and so far this issue has not returned.

7 minutes ago, Outcasst said:

So I can confirm this is an issue with 6.7.2.

As soon as I downgrade back to 6.6.7, the issue goes away and reads are at full speed. Back to 6.7.2 and the reads are slow again.

This is 100% repeatable.

You may try tunable setting can fix problem or not.