File Archive Server Question

Could you answer the following question, or point me to where they've been answered before?

I'm setting up a file archive. I only need access these files about once every 1-2 months. Right now, my server is turned off for 90% of the time. I only turn it on when I want to archive the work from another machine. I have several Windows 10 NTFS external USB drives that I use for redundant backup copies and I need to seamlessly transfer files between:

- the archive server,

-the external USB backup drives,

-and a Windows 10 machine.

I'll be using network connections and external USB drives to transfer files and to do backups. My goal is to find the most stable configuration going forward. I've used a stand-alone Windows machine for several years and it has worked well, but I'm looking to see if Linux/Unraid would be more stable.

With these requirements, do you think the archive files would be less likely to become corrupted if I used a Linux server (using NTFS drives) or do you think it would be better to just stay with my Windows machine?

Also, if Linux is more stable, could I continue to copy files through the network, through my USB archive drives, and to my Windows workstation?

Thanks

Edited by BearClaw2020