VM Unknown PCI header type '127'

Hey if I setting up a Win10 VM and select my Radeon RX 580 became I two defferent error. 1) Unknown PCI header type '127' or same time 2) unable to execute QEMU command 'cont': Resetting the Virtual Machine is required.

PCI Slot1: NVIDIA NVS 300

PCI Slot2: Radeon RX580

Have anyone are idee?

Screenshot_20190706-082840_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8f21b753c69a318db22779d32dfd5bc4.jpgScreenshot_20190706-082913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8ae1ab7b208d0672414f56aadfddb35b.jpg

Edited by Cross_5

I've just read someone else who got this problem due to a bios update on a gigabyte motherboard and I had to downgrade my bios on a gigabyte motherboard due to the same error so I would guess that's the place to start.

Please report this to gigabyte here: https://esupport.gigabyte.com

The more who complain the more likely they will test future BIOS on unRAID.

Edited by dodgypast
7 hours ago, dodgypast said:

I've just read someone else who got this problem due to a bios update on a gigabyte motherboard and I had to downgrade my bios on a gigabyte motherboard due to the same error so I would guess that's the place to start.

Just to confirm, I've had to do exactly this on two boards from two different manufacturers (Gigabyte and MSI).

Essentially, you need the bios that predates "- Support new upcoming AMD cpu." 

further research led me to this link:
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/attention-amd-vfio-users-do-not-update-your-bios/142685

It's an AMD issues with the BIOS code they're giving to OEMs.

It would be nice to know what the developers are doing to try and get AMD to do something about it... or even acknowledge / warn users that their product cannot perform one of it's heavily advertised features in a significant set of circumstances.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, dodgypast said:

Please report this to gigabyte here: https://esupport.gigabyte.com

The more who complain the more likely they will test future BIOS on unRAID.

I've try Bios version F40, F31, F30 and F6 now but not work and are new error: Did not find USB device 046d:c07c

all version under F40 the same error and if I add my Radeon RX 580 to the VM error: unknown pci source type 'vendor'.

Which version work at you??

I had / have exactly this problem.

I also have the Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING-CF - currently with F6 Bios Version.

Until F6 everything is working fine. Since F30 (also F31 and F40) there is exactly this "VM Unknown PCI header type '127'" error with my Nvidia Cards.

I hope there will be another update after F40 - and I hope these bugs will be resolved because it would be a shame if I couldn't upgrade to Ryzen3 because of buggy bios-updates.

biosversion.JPG

20 hours ago, sturmstar said:

F41b for Gigabyte Boards (with AGESA 1.0.0.3AB) is out ... I'm not able to test this version until the next couple of days ... maybe someone else can test ...

I've tested it and it doesn't work for the ax370 board, I would imagine it's the same on the x470 as it's based on the same AGESA.

Edited by dodgypast
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 3:43 AM, helin0x said:

Curious to know if the issue affect x570 boards as well, or just x3/470

with 1003ab bios  MSI x570 ACE has exactly the same problem(AER ERROR),but with kernel patch there is not pci 127 type error for x570.

There is an update 1003abb bios update that I havent test yet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

Just for info - at last - I have tested the latest GIGABYTE Bios F50a for my x470 board - and (with ACS downstream enabled) I can use GPU Passthrough for all of my cards (two) without Error 127

It took over half a year (from F6 to F50a) - but they finally fixed the bug.

So I can now finally use Unraid without Kernel Patch AND a newer Bios version as F6...

Bye!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, KptnKMan said:

Also info update on this, using ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) BIOS with latest 1405 bios, also now getting this error.

Something to note, I wasn't experiencing any issues until I upgraded my gfx to RX-5600XT.

My older R9-290 worked without any issue.

image.png.ba19ac4959d61f65884c454abbd58e7f.png

Navi reset but is a known issue around here. It's best if you compile your own kernel with the navi patch.

Alternatively, a forum member has compiled a custom kernel with various patches including navi with optional kernel upgrade too. Link below, try at your own risk.