j4105m can't boot to gui

I have a new asrock j4105m mainboard that i have a fresh unraid install on usb for.   I am trying to boot the server to gui mode so i can proceed to set up the system's ip and such.   I can't seem to get the gui to load up?   It just ends at a black screen with a blinking cursor in the corner?   My mainboard does not support legacy mode, only UEFI.    Anyone have any clue?   The system boots normally via the command promp, just will not boot to gui.

7 hours ago, coolasice1999 said:

I have a new asrock j4105m mainboard that i have a fresh unraid install on usb for.   I am trying to boot the server to gui mode so i can proceed to set up the system's ip and such.   I can't seem to get the gui to load up?   It just ends at a black screen with a blinking cursor in the corner?   My mainboard does not support legacy mode, only UEFI.    Anyone have any clue?   The system boots normally via the command promp, just will not boot to gui.

To tell unRAID to always boot in UEFI rename the "efi-" folder on the USB flash boot drive to "efi" (remove the trailing "-").  This may or may not resolve your issue with being unable to boot into GUI mode, but, it should not hurt anything. 

There are some other possible solutions (which escape my memory at the moment), but, try that first.

If you cannot get into the GUI on the server itself, you can access your server admin GUI through a browser on any device connected to same subnet as your server by entering the server ip address as the URL.

If you don't know the ip address of your server because you have not done initial setup and assigned it a static ip address (highly recommended), you can check what address it currently has from the command line.  Type "ifconfig eth0" 

I had to rename the "efi-" folder "efi" to get the os to boot, but for some reason it will not boot to the gui interface.   It boots fine to the gui on my laptop, but not on my unraid rig.  It would be so easy to do initial setup if i could get the gui to boot on my server.   I was able to get it connected to the internet through my laptop/phone shared connection just to get my array started.   I haven't hooked it up to my network yet.