some questions for using UnRaid

harakiri

Hello there,

I am new here and thinking about the using of UnRaid. Under my 2nd Windows PC (="fileserver") there running FlexRaid (tRaid, live parity), but the owner Brahim is no more active and the project looking down. I think Unraid working very very similar to this, I can set up "dru discs" (= data discs) and "pru discs" (=parity discs), I can split folder to single disks and there is no striping. If a parity restore of one failed drive getting unsuccessfull, there is the chance to see all other data of the available discs. Under the trail license I was testing UnRaid and I see there are some more advantages to FlexRaid.

Are there some other general differences comparing between FlexRaid and Unraid, like kind of calculating the parity?

I have another questions to UnRaid. I don't saw the overwritten files (copy on write is enabled). Where can I access to it? The same to the deleted files (recycle bin?)

Thank you

harakiri ;-)

3 hours ago, harakiri said:

I have another questions to UnRaid. I don't saw the overwritten files (copy on write is enabled). Where can I access to it? The same to the deleted files (recycle bin?)

There are a plugin for recycle bin, but I haven't use longtime.

Edited by Benson