niXta-

Unraid stuck at starting samba

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi!

I’m running latest nvidia-version unraid (trial) on my z370  add to it has been running well for a few days.

Today I restarted it but it got stuck at starting samba and isn’t up yet an hour later.

see attached photo of the console.

Anyone know what could cause this?

050BCAD1-AFB9-42A6-8CE4-36884711F94D.jpeg

Restart in safe mode

Sent from my NSA monitored device

Actually, scratch that, it was up after an unknown time, I hadn't enabled autostart on some dockers witch I was queering, so I thought It was still in the booting sequence.

I waited about 5 min before leaving it and it seemed like it was stuck. Now when I'm back, I can see that it has been running.

Any reboot atm. is very snappy and works fine.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:21 AM, Squid said:

Restart in safe mode

Sent from my NSA monitored device

Hi squid. 
I have run into the same problem. I can boot in safe mode. What should I look into.  I am an extreme noob just tinkering so there are no dockers. VMs etc.  No data to worry about. 

6 minutes ago, Gsusking2 said:

I have run into the same problem. I can boot in safe mode. What should I look into.  I am an extreme noob just tinkering so there are no dockers. VMs etc.  No data to worry about. 

You didn't actually mention whether or not you still had the problem after booting in SAFE mode.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

Hello,

I am booted in GUI safe mode, and have attached the Diagnostics.

I apologize about not being more clear.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

You didn't actually mention whether or not you still had the problem after booting in SAFE mode.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

tower-diagnostics-20191215-1042.zip

38 minutes ago, Gsusking2 said:

I apologize about not being more clear.

Your are still unclear since you still haven't

42 minutes ago, trurl said:

actually mention whether or not you still had the problem after booting in SAFE mode.

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

Have you actually tried to start the array?

Ok let me start from the top.

When trying to launch Unraid in GUI mode it hangs in the same place that the OP is discussing.

When i launch in GUI safe mode there is no hang and i am brought to the GUI, i am able to start the Array without a problem.

As mentioned before, i dont have any dockers, or VMs, i was trying to set up an UBUNTU vm and it caused a crash.  I then Rebooted, and it began to hang on SAMBA startup when launching in GUI mode.

1 hour ago, Gsusking2 said:

Ok let me start from the top.

When trying to launch Unraid in GUI mode it hangs in the same place that the OP is discussing.

When i launch in GUI safe mode there is no hang and i am brought to the GUI, i am able to start the Array without a problem.

As mentioned before, i dont have any dockers, or VMs, i was trying to set up an UBUNTU vm and it caused a crash.  I then Rebooted, and it began to hang on SAMBA startup when launching in GUI mode.

Are those diagnostics from after all that?