[4Sale] [UK] 14 core E5-2695 v3, ASRock Extreme 6 X99 mobo, 80GB DDR4 ECC RAM

I have a super powerful CPU, mobo and RAM bundle here that would make a great home server, I have used it as an unRAID server for about 18 months or so but am downsizing.

I have used this rig for running unRAID with dockers and VMs. When running VMs you can do GPU pass-through and I've had really powerful multi-core Mac Pro desktop running as well as a gaming VM with a GTX 1060 passed through. It's an absolute beast. Great for running multiple VMs as a home lab.

ASRock X99 Extreme 6 ATX motherboard
Intel Xeon E5-2695 v3 14 core/28 thread CPU
80GB !! (5 x 16GB, 4 Crucial and 1 SKHynix) of ECC DDR4 2133 memory

Motherboard specs:-
On-board dual LAN
Supports up to 128GB RAM
Ultra M.2 slot
8 RAM Slots

Intel Xeon E5-2695 v3 14 core/28 thread CPU. This is a late stepping engineering sample indistinguishable from retail. The v3 Xeons had a "bug" from Intel where using patched Microcode you can bypass the usual turbo boost restrictions to have all the cores running at single core boost speeds. In this case you can have all 14 cores running at 3.3GHz. The ASRock motherboard already has the patched BIOS in place so all you have to do it plug and play.

If you wish to go back to stock, simply update the motherboard with the latest BIOS from ASRock from within the BIOS itself. I will supply the patched BIOS anyway so you can always go back. As long as you have a decent CPU cooler then it is fine. even at full tilt my CPU never went over 60 deg. Although I did this for interest sake, my server sat idling 99% of the time anyway so a bit of a waste for me

Here is the Anandtech thread where it was all discovered and people built the mods:-
Page 3 - What controls Turbo Core in Xeons?

Also here is an explanation of all core vs single core boosts :
Actual CPU Speeds - What You See Is Not Always What You Get

I am after £500 - looking at current prices on ebay especially RAM which is crazy right now, this lot is worth about £800 or so, so I think this is a good price.

IMG_20190712_103443.jpg

IMG_20190712_103453.jpg

Edited by planetwilson