Root perms required?

Hi ... I've cleared down an 8TB disk in advance if changing FS from Reider to xfs BUT I"m left with one docker folder (Krusader) which won't move or delete saying that I require root/system permissions to complete?? How do I fix this? Docker isn't enabled on the array, the folder appears to have not been removed when I deleted Krusader a while back. Also, no docker image exists. Just need to get rid of this pesky33Mb then I can crack on with the reformat. Thanks.

1 minute ago, superloopy1 said:

Hi ... I've cleared down an 8TB disk in advance if changing FS from Reider to xfs BUT I"m left with one docker folder (Krusader) which won't move or delete saying that I require root/system permissions to complete?? How do I fix this? Docker isn't enabled on the array, the folder appears to have not been removed when I deleted Krusader a while back. Also, no docker image exists. Just need to get rid of this pesky33Mb then I can crack on with the reformat. Thanks.

Don't worry about it.  Doesn't really contain anything of use anyways.  Just the working directory for Krusader.

But, if you are worried about it,

chmod 0777 -R /mnt/user/appdata/

And then it'll move.

I'd guess the files/directory might have a the 'immutable' attribute set.

You can check with:

lsattr /path/2/problem/fileordirectory

if you see an 'i' in the listing it's immutable - fix it with (you might want to use -R to do it recursively):

chattr -i /path/2/problem/fileordirectory

That should allow you rm the file if needed.

Del

16 minutes ago, superloopy1 said:

Thanks all, bookmarked. In the end i just formatted the drive, didnt think it would allow me to with a file on it but there you are.

Format does not care if there are files present. 

In fact one of the commonest user errors is doing a format as part of a rebuild process (format is not part of that process!) leading to loss of the data on the disk being rebuilt