SSD used in/for the Array

Must have been asked before, but could not find it. I currently have quite a few SSDs that are used with xfs in the Unraid array. Is it still not recommended to do so, and if so why exactly? Because there are the TB NVME M.2's now, and the hybrid HDD/SSD media.

Either way, thus far I have several types of SSDs running just fine in the array, except for the warnings.

• 1 month later...

Isn't it about time this gets fixed then? And by fixed I mean make sure SSD's can be fluently added and maintained by and for an unraid array? By now this is really becoming an unwelcome feature of Unraid. Funny how I totally not expected this to be there, since it is called Unraid, I did not expect Unraid to have the exact same issues of any other RAID array. (Noteworthy here is CoveCube's StableBit DrivePool, which of course has no issues with SSD whatsoever, and I would hope unraid would go their route, or at least optionally) I think this should be mentioned loud an clear frontpage when you buy a license;

SSD not supported as part of an unraid array.

Edited by fluisterben