60MB/s to 3MB/s transfers bad hdd?

Hello all,

I have a few drives with faults but I'm not too savvy in HDD codes. (is 375 errors of UDMA CRC error count high?)

I believe 1 or more of my drives is going bad but when I run disk speed test on them I see good #.

Just wondering if somebody could take a quick look and help me out finding out which drive is killing my speeds.

superserver-diagnostics-20190713-0359.zip

Edited by datZ

SMART for all disks looks OK. CRC errors are usually connection problems, check. Specifically disk6, but check others too.

Syslog indicates you had filled cache, but it isn't full now. You need to configure your usage of cache, and Minimum Free for cache (in Global Share Settings) to avoid filling it.

Your cache-only appdata share has some files on the array. Your cache-no domains share would typically be set to cache-prefer, it has files on cache. You can see what disk each share is using with the Compute features on the User Shares page. Some steps will be required to get these things moved where they belong.

Why do you have your docker image set so large, have you been filling it? 20G should be more than enough unless you have something setup wrong, and making it so large will not fix that problem.

15 hours ago, trurl said:

SMART for all disks looks OK. CRC errors are usually connection problems, check. Specifically disk6, but check others too.

Syslog indicates you had filled cache, but it isn't full now. You need to configure your usage of cache, and Minimum Free for cache (in Global Share Settings) to avoid filling it.

Your cache-only appdata share has some files on the array. Your cache-no domains share would typically be set to cache-prefer, it has files on cache. You can see what disk each share is using with the Compute features on the User Shares page. Some steps will be required to get these things moved where they belong.

Why do you have your docker image set so large, have you been filling it? 20G should be more than enough unless you have something setup wrong, and making it so large will not fix that problem.

ty for taking a look. I'll try some different sata cables and see how the results go. I hope its as easy as that :)

The appdata folder shows everything is in cache in user shares. The domain folder is not really important as it was a old VM for testing. Nothing is in those folders now.

I believe the reason I set the docker image to a much large # was because of my plex server which I have since moved to its on VM. I will set that back to 20G. Doesn't it grow dynamically?

8 hours ago, datZ said:

The appdata folder shows everything is in cache in user shares.

Your diagnostics show it has files on disk1. And since it is set to cache-only, those files on disk1 will not be moved.

8 hours ago, datZ said:

I believe the reason I set the docker image to a much large # was because of my plex server which I have since moved to its on VM. I will set that back to 20G. Doesn't it grow dynamically?

Why would you run plex in a VM? There is no reason it shouldn't work well as a docker, and that is working well for lots of users, including me.

docker image doesn't grow beyond the space you allocated for it in Settings - Docker.