drive selection

Im currently running 2 WD 8tb drives (shucked from easystores) which are white label red drives and only 5400rpm. 1 as parity and 1 as array. I also have a 1tb nvme drive as cache. My goal is to increase write speed to the array for shares that are not cache enabled. My plan was to replace my array drive with either a WD red pro or gold drive (for the 256mb cache and 7200 rpm) and then move the current drive to being a second parity drive. My question is, if i were to do this would I notice any difference in array only writes? Or is it still going to be basically bottlenecked by the slower drives that are parity? Maybe a better way of wording this is, does it write to array and parity at the speed of the slowest drive? or will it complete the write to the array drive and slowly complete the write to parity? Hopefully I explained this well.

1 hour ago, 2Piececombo said:

well shit, i was afraid that was going to be the case. Welp I guess ill keep shucking those easystores then lol

Thanks as usual johnnie, always coming in clutch with these fast replies. 

However to be honest, I had once HGST Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM HDDs installed and noted only a small performance increase compared to WD Red 4TB. Wasn't worth the energy consumption and noise for me. Just to cheer you up a little.