Supermicro C2SEE now 19.99 shipped at Newegg (SOLD OUT)

ohlwiler

That is so annoying:

I ordered 5 days ago the mobo, benefiting from this great deal. and they sent me today a mail stating that the order has become void because i used an international VISA... and now it is sold out...

I wonder if it would have worked if you had order on the VISA through Paypal since I know newegg takes Paypal.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPS just delivered my new Supermicro mobo.   Now I need to decide what to do with it! 

Decisions, decisions... 

I know the feeling...

I know what I want to do with it but I will need to buy some more new hardware to get it all working, plus i need to build a rack in my back room so that I can get the server out of the way.  Probably am not going to do much with the board until Christmas rolls around.

That is so annoying:

I ordered 5 days ago the mobo, benefiting from this great deal. and they sent me today a mail stating that the order has become void because i used an international VISA... and now it is sold out...

I wonder if it would have worked if you had order on the VISA through Paypal since I know newegg takes Paypal.

Actually I tried that, and I had to verify the address with paypal in order to be able to order (it was a new address). Unfortunately verification takes a few days so paypal was not an option...

Well it seems I'm a little late for this deal and everyone else has enough spare C2SEE mobos that they are building boxes made out of wood just to use them!  :o

I've been following this site for some time and been dreaming of making an unraid server for my blu-rays.  Anyway, I would love to snag one of these mobos.  If anyone is in the Dayton, OH area and just happened to get too many of these motherboards and doesn't know what to do with it I'll gladly come pick it up and pay $30 or so to take it off you hands.

P.S. Will this mobo be suitable for a 20 HDD server?  Thanks!

P.P.S. Good call on the newegg alerts.  I'm on the bandwagon and, fingers crossed, I won't be missing anymore of these deals!

Yes, it will support 20 drives (22 actually).  I ended up with two of these boards - I paid $45 for one, and $20 for the other.  So if you don't find one locally, I may be able to ship one to you.

When they do get them back in stock, it appears that $55 may be the new standard price.  That makes this board a very good value (and it will likely become the new budget board).

Yes, it will support 20 drives (22 actually).  I ended up with two of these boards - I paid $45 for one, and $20 for the other.  So if you don't find one locally, I may be able to ship one to you.

Average cost of $32.50 ... still not bad.  ;)  Looks like they're back in stock at $55 now...

• 5 weeks later...

I got my celeron 430 and 420 from ebay for $19 each with free shipping.  Ignore the $40 ones.  They sit there forever.

Toss in this Kingston ram that BobPhoenix mentioned earlier and for under $80 got an unRAID system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Celeron-430-SL9XN-1-80GHZ-LGA775-CPU-/130448339521?pt=CPUs&hash=item1e5f53b241

When buying a used Celeron CPU, do you also need to buy a CPU fan for it or do you just drop the chip in?

Thanks!

When buying a used Celeron CPU, do you also need to buy a CPU fan for it or do you just drop the chip in?

Thanks!

Unless it is a retail version otherwise most of used or OEM version of CPU did not come with heatsink/fan.

When purchase CPU heatsink/fan make sure you get one with 4-pin connector.