Supermicro C2SEE now 19.99 shipped at Newegg (SOLD OUT)

ohlwiler

I know, especially if it stays at the $55 price.  The full ATX size does make it a bit more difficult to work with, but it should still fit in the CM 590 with no issues.

However, $55 for this mobo + $40 for the Celeron 430 vs $65 for the Biostar mobo + $30 for the Sempron 140...it comes out a wash.  This mobo has the distinct advantage of supporting up to 20 drives, though, so it has much more expandability options.  The Biostar is microATX, so it can fit in a smaller box.  So I think both boards will have their place.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My C2SEE enjoyed the trip from Memphis to Nashville with prostuff1's and is going to be traveling to my house in Ohio on Monday. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the thing. I'm actually thinking of upgrading my daughter's computer with it. She is using an old Dell P4. It works wonderfully as a space heater, so maybe I should wait until after Winter to do it.

My C2SEE enjoyed the trip from Memphis to Nashville with prostuff1's and is going to be traveling to my house in Ohio on Monday. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the thing.

I live in Ohio also.  My board must be in the same truck as yours - my delivery is 11/01 as well.  I can't wait to experience the feeling of having more MBs than cases to put them in.  ;D  Maybe I'll build a case from plywood.

My C2SEE enjoyed the trip from Memphis to Nashville with prostuff1's and is going to be traveling to my house in Ohio on Monday. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the thing. I'm actually thinking of upgrading my daughter's computer with it. She is using an old Dell P4. It works wonderfully as a space heater, so maybe I should wait until after Winter to do it.

I live in Ohio also.  My board must be in the same truck as yours - my delivery is 11/01 as well.  I can't wait to experience the feeling of having more MBs than cases to put them in.    Maybe I'll build a case from plywood.

Where abouts in Ohio do you guys live?  If you don't want to post it in public feel free to private message me.  I am in the Columbus area.

I live in Ohio also.  My board must be in the same truck as yours - my delivery is 11/01 as well.  I can't wait to experience the feeling of having more MBs than cases to put them in.    Maybe I'll build a case from plywood.

Where abouts in Ohio do you guys live?  If you don't want to post it in public feel free to private message me.  I am in the Columbus area.

I'm a Daytonian.

Can any LGA 775 Intel CPU be used in this motherboard? I've got one shipping to me and am now hunting for a CPU! :)

It should be fine for any LGA775 CPU.

Great! Makes shopping on eBay easier as many of the items don't list the series number.

What about the FSB differences?  Are you saying that the board supports the 533 MHz celeron processors?  Or does it need to be 800 MHz?  The datasheet seems to infer the later.

flips

What about the FSB differences?  Are you saying that the board supports the 533 MHz celeron processors?  Or does it need to be 800 MHz?  The datasheet seems to infer the later.

flips

Intel Celeron 420/430/440/450 all have FSB at 800Mhz and that is the slowest FSB this MB could support. You will have slight performance hit when using slower FSB because at LGA775, memory controller in Intel platform still resides at north bridge and CPU communicate with memory controller through FSB.

Intel move this controller into CPU at i3/i5/i7.

This board will probably end up being the basis of a rebuild of my server.  When the rebuild will happen is not for sure... probably after Christmas if I had to guess.  I want to move my server and redo some things but need quite a few new things to do what I want to do.  Have to save up and wait to see what comes from Christmas before I start redoing stuff.

The only down side is that if you try to order two you don't get double the promo off.  I had to make two separate orders.  Will see if I actually get two or if newegg or my bank will think it was unintentionally done twice and cancel the second.

FYI.  I should get both boards I ordered today on this both at 19.99 with ONE account.  Just placed two orders.