HELP - CPU pinning not saving my selection

I'm running 6.7.2 and noticed that Plex and a few other dockers are running really slow. I previously ran into Spaceinvanderone's awesome youtube series on optimizing my server and pinned certain CPU cores/threads to Plex and several other dockers. Fast forward a few months and now the server starts to act up, i check the CPU pinning area in Settings and notice that nothing is selected. I re-allocated the CPU pairings as per spaceinvaderone's suggestions and hit Apply then Done. All looks ok, but then when i reopen the CPU pinning feature to check my selections, everything has been deselected. 

Diagnostics attached.  

Thoughts on what's going on? Thanks a lot in advance!

2019-07-14 21-04-26-1.zip

the more i think about this, the more i feel that the issue might have to do with my flash drive.... i had to replace my flash drive due to it becoming corrupted (which itself was a random event). i replaced the flash drive, got a new GUID issued and was back up and running.... i think that's around the same time i began having these issues.

any ideas on how to check into all this?

thanks again!

9 hours ago, lordmarqui said:

the more i think about this, the more i feel that the issue might have to do with my flash drive.... i had to replace my flash drive due to it becoming corrupted (which itself was a random event). i replaced the flash drive, got a new GUID issued and was back up and running.... i think that's around the same time i began having these issues.

any ideas on how to check into all this?

thanks again!

That was my first idea, but nothing was in the logs about any flash problems.  Still possible though.

any suggestions from here? 

if there is a chance the flash drive is the issue, could you kindly direct me on how to rebuild it without losing all my server data?
You will NEVER lose your data. All you have to do is save the contents of /config on the flash and it's like nothing ever happened after transferring over the registration.

Even if the flash completely drops dead and you don't have a backup, you will never lose the files on the hard drives

Sent from my phone as I'm probably having a beer and enjoying a fire

thanks squid... i went ahead and recreated my flash drive, copied over my old config folder and had to reassign all my drives for the array... problem is the issue still remains. even with this new flash drive, the CPU pinning will not stay even after i apply the changes.

any other thoughts?

here's my process:Settings > CPU Pinning >

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 7.13.01 PM.png

CPU Pinning Docker: Plex (I then select all the cores/threads I want)

Click Apply, then Done.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 7.13.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 7.13.48 PM.png

Reload CPU Pinning, settings aren't saved.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 7.14.15 PM.png

FYI: VM pinning does work correctly.

(I have NOT messed with the CPU Isolation tick boxes yet.)

Thanks again for your time

Edited by lordmarqui
39 minutes ago, lordmarqui said:

i'm definitely hitting the Apply button after selecting them. Then I hit Done. Then it exits me out of the CPU pinning window and takes me back to the settings  window. then i click back into CPU pinning and it's as if i never changed any of the selections 

Fair enough - just thought it was worth checking in case you were having a blindspot for a simple error.  I do no use that feature so I have no other ideas for what might be causing your problems.

Ok, I see lots of CSRF token errors on your logs which indicates a browser left open to Unraid after a reboot.  Let's try this:

1)  Close out of all browser sessions connected to the Unraid webGui.

2)  Restart your server.

3)  Attempt to adjust the CPU pinning again.

4)  Verify it didn't take.

5)  Collect diagnostics and repost them here.

I want to see the logs right after you attempt to change the pinning and it fails.  Want to see what it says.

Also can you confirm what type of browser you're using and try using a different one just to make sure this isn't a weird browser issue.

thanks for the reply! see the attached... (i'm also attaching the syslog in case that helps at all.)

i'm using chrome on a mac... i tried cpu allocation in safari without success... i then rebooted and followed the procedure you indicated.

thanks again

tower-diagnostics-20190723-2242.zip tower-syslog-20190723-2242.zip

Edited by lordmarqui
added more info
4 minutes ago, lordmarqui said:

Were those logs helpful at all?

Just as useful as the previous ones (ie: not at all)

But, since you're running an Mac, can you post the output of this.  I have a thought (and yes I know that is a rare thing ;) )

ls -ail /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user