New to UnRaid H-E-L-P !

I really only intend to use Unraid for my Plex Media Server but I'm stuck at Volume Mapping.

I think I have Unraid installed correctly and running. I installed Plex Docker and can see it on my network. I used Krusader to create Shares for all the different media directories I currently run and copied test movie files into them. When I open the Web GUI I cannot see MY MEDIA or any of the other folders to map to PLEX. I have attached a Diagnostics file for you to look at. It seems that there are many different versions of PLEX for use on UnRaid, maybe I've used the wrong one. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated including starting from scratch.  Thanks for your patience.

tower-diagnostics-20190715-1802.zip

1 minute ago, Rix001 said:

I used Krusader to create Shares

Share are best created in unRAID GUI, and then copy your media files.

In your case I would create a share in GUI, then use krusader to move the files to the new share. It SHOULD do that without any trouble. (but test before moving it all)

/Alphahelix

I looked at shares like Directories in Windows. I created the initial share "MY MEDIA" in the UnRaid GUI, I added all the other directories inside of this share. My problem is that I can't Map any of these volumes in PLEX. When in PLEX and I attempt to add a library None of the shares are visible.  

I just tried that, same results in PLEX, when I can browse to a location Plex uses the following "/var/lib/plexmediaserver" as a default location and MY MEDIA doesn't show up. I know this is something I screwed up in the original install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I just don't know Linux or Unraid. I've used PLEX for almost two years just on a Windows machine on my home network but that's not much help.

33 minutes ago, Rix001 said:

I just tried that, same results in PLEX, when I can browse to a location Plex uses the following "/var/lib/plexmediaserver" as a default location and MY MEDIA doesn't show up. I know this is something I screwed up in the original install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I just don't know Linux or Unraid. I've used PLEX for almost two years just on a Windows machine on my home network but that's not much help.

The way a docker container such as Plex sees the file system and the way way unRAID sees the file system are very different.  That's why when you go into Plex to add a folder to a library it does not see the same things you see when browsing the unRAID shares/filesystem.

You need to do what Squid said and in the Plex docker edit screen map an unRAID host path (e.g /mnt/user/media) to a docker container path (/media).  In Plex you would then browse to /media to look for the folder names that correspond to each media type.  This of course assumes that you have a different folder for movies, photos, music, etc.  I chose to create a different unRAID share for each media type (rather than folders under a Media share) so I have a mapping to each share.

Here are a couple of mine as examples:

image.thumb.png.86dfc1d4f9e36ef4edf968b991201237.png

I'm going to do exactly that. I'll delete the Plex docker and reinstall it fresh. I'll kill my shares as they are configured and do each as a separate share, then map them as instructed and report back. Thanks you both for the help and good suggestions.