UPS stats update rate ?

So I got my APC ups (connected via usb) configured and apparently working, but I've noticed that the "UPS LOAD" seems to be fixed at whatever rate it was on when the service first started .. it's not changing from the initial value.

Should that figure be updating at some rate ?

Thanks !

0001.jpg

Edited by RacerX10
added image

My guess would be that it does not update automatically.  And why should it?  The data does not usually change that often.  If you really want/need an update of the page, you can simply refresh it.

By the way, even the auto updating of the Main page was was a big debate a few years back as I recall.   The updating process consumes a fair number of CPU cycles and this impacted the speed of the parity check with the (very) slow CPU's that many of us were using back in those days. The impact was considerable--hours in additional time.  I seem to recall that when first implemented in a stable release, you had to turn it 'on' via a setting!  

• Like 1

What I'm finding is that, for example, my "UPS Load" value is stuck on 18 watts permanently.  That's not an unreasonable value, because it matches what's on the display of the UPS from time to time, but it certainly doesn't stay there all the time.

Edited by RacerX10
4 minutes ago, RacerX10 said:

That's not an unreasonable value, because it matches what's on the display of the UPS from time to time, but it certainly doesn't stay there all the time.

This is true as it depends on what your total Unraid server is doing.  (My one system idles at a 42W and jumps as high as 132 plus watts during drive spin-up and drops back to 72 watts as they all reach speed.)  I understand this and can do a set of experiments to determine what the limits are. 

Exactly what benefit do you perceive from having auto-updating of this page because if you feel it is really necessary, you are going to have to make a Feature Request to have the change implemented.   (And I can tell you getting a request included it is not automatic.  One request for a proper login page (that works with password managers) was made back in September of 2017 and several LimeTech employees agreed that it was a good ideal and would be included.  There are four pages of users comments, most of which are simply agreement ("+1") comments.  And it is still not been implemented...)