Auto Reboot?

So with my situation running plex and having some data stored locally and some on gsuite I find my self needing to have to reboot atleast once a week because Rclone loses the Mount. so I am looking for a solution to auto restart unraid at a certain time and date per week to automate it. I looked at the internal options and didnt see any and could not find a app option. Does anyone know if any solutions to auto-rebooting unraid servier say.. every Sunday at 4AM?

thank you but in my opinion. that link is useless. All its full of is a bunch of people trying to get their scripts to work.. heres my code. why doesnt it work and someone helps them. No where in there does it provide support simply writing the script. That is what I am looking for. How to produce the script.

2 minutes ago, tmoran000 said:

thank you but in my opinion. that link is useless. All its full of is a bunch of people trying to get their scripts to work.. heres my code. why doesnt it work and someone helps them. No where in there does it provide support simply writing the script. That is what I am looking for. How to produce the script.

Do you want to learn or do you want someone to write the script for you? There are plenty of search hits for "how to write a bash script"

https://www.linux.com/learn/writing-simple-bash-script

1 minute ago, tmoran000 said:

If you install the plugin it is simple enough

• Got to Settings->User Scripts
  • use the option to add a new script and give it a name
  • hover the mouse over the list of scripts and select the option to edit the script
  • Enter the commands you want.   In this case I think it is simply the ‘reboot’ command
  • save the script
  • set the schedule for when it is to run.
  • Like 1
If you install the plugin it is simple enough
  • Got to Settings->User Scripts
  • use the option to add a new script and give it a name
  • hover the mouse over the list of scripts and select the option to edit the script
  • Enter the commands you want.   In this case I think it is simply the ‘reboot’ command
  • save the script
  • set the schedule for when it is to run.
You would have to give it the full path to the reboot command

Sent from my NSA monitored device

• Like 1
On 7/15/2019 at 9:46 PM, tmoran000 said:

So with my situation running plex and having some data stored locally and some on gsuite I find my self needing to have to reboot atleast once a week because Rclone loses the Mount. so I am looking for a solution to auto restart unraid at a certain time and date per week to automate it. I looked at the internal options and didnt see any and could not find a app option. Does anyone know if any solutions to auto-rebooting unraid servier say.. every Sunday at 4AM?

so why not just schedule the script to remount ?  Why reboot the whole system just to mount a filesystem?   You could schedule it to run every minute (or hour or every 15 minutes or whatever), and if not currently mounted, then mount it.... makes more sense to me anyway.

Edited by Abzstrak
On 7/16/2019 at 3:46 AM, tmoran000 said:

So with my situation running plex and having some data stored locally and some on gsuite I find my self needing to have to reboot atleast once a week because Rclone loses the Mount.

Check out DZMM's guide below so you can set up your rclone script properly.

Also, you want to check as to why your Rclone is losing the mount and try to resolve the root cause. I have not had that happening so far (based on my log) but even if it were to happen, it would remount within 30 minutes (I changed the frequency from the guide's 15 minutes).

Restarting solves your problem but that's calling in a nuke to kill a fly.

its not that Rclone is not set up properly. I am all over that thread and have gotten help. I feel its an issue with the combo of plex,rclone,unraid. unmounting and remoounting does not fix it. plex still will not see the mount even tho krusader does and restarting plex does not fix it either. only fix is a full server reboot which makes no sense to me but it is what fixes so the auto reboot is really my only option other then having to vpn in every time the wife says we lost tv shows again .... kind of annoying imo.