[Support] alturismo - Repos

This might be off topic, I'm not sure. I've just recently started using Xteve to send IPTV to my Plex Server. I chose PMS for EPG source and then within the Plex DVR settings I chose "SkyQ" for the DVR type. This results in some doubled up channel numbers when assigning channels in Plex DVR. It looks like some Radio Stations and TV Channels share the same number and the channel picker forces you to choose whichever one is first in the list. Any ideas? Or am I going about this all wrong?

Edited by NeoDude
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, looking for a bit of help getting the alturismo/xteve container up and running, installed via community applications.

I can't get the container to start, from the logs:

[ERROR] listen udp4 224.0.0.0:1900: bind: address already in use () - EC: 0

If I run the following command from Unraid - sudo netstat -pna | grep 1900 - I get:

upd   0   0.0.0.0.0:1900  0.0.0.0.*  24583/docker-proxy

The containers running in host mode as per the template.

Any idea's what i'd doing wrong?

1 minute ago, 1471 said:

[ERROR] listen udp4 224.0.0.0:1900: bind: address already in use () - EC: 0

1900 is the dlna port, so i would guess you have another service using dlna running on host, sample, plex, emby, jelly, dlna server, ...

turn them off until xteve is started and try again to nail it down

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all.

Could really use some help getting this working. I am using the most basic version of xteve and have imported my M3u and XML and that all shows up fine in the dashboard and channels are mapped. I am getting issues when trying to add the DVR to Plex.

When I try searching by IP address I get an error in please saying "There was a problem adding the device: 192.168.102.2:34400"

If i test the Xteve URLs in VLc they are up and running and I also seem to ab able to load the M3u and XMl in emby and again they work fine.

Any ideas on why plex cannot connect to the Xteve proxy wtih IP?

So I'm trying to setup xteve_guide2go. I've created a config with 'guide2go -configure'. I then added a lineup and created the XMLTV file. I've got two issues:

* My Plex container doesn't see anything

* When I attempt to run './config/cronjob.sh' I get the following errors:

sed: /guide2go/CBLguide.yaml: No such file or directory
sed: /guide2go/CBLguide.yaml: No such file or directory
2022/01/31 10:11:03 [G2G  ] Version: 1.1.3
2022/01/31 10:11:03 [ERROR] open /guide2go/CBLguide.yaml: no such file or directory
sed: /guide2go/SATguide.yaml: No such file or directory
sed: /guide2go/SATguide.yaml: No such file or directory
2022/01/31 10:11:03 [ERROR] open /guide2go/SATguide.yaml: no such file or directory
sed: /guide2go/SATSport.yaml: No such file or directory
sed: /guide2go/SATSport.yaml: No such file or directory
2022/01/31 10:11:03 [ERROR] open /guide2go/SATSport.yaml: no such file or directory
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.1.2 port 34400 after 3048 ms: Host is unreachable
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.1.2 port 34400 after 2069 ms: Host is unreachable

8 minutes ago, alturismo said:

may show your cronjob.sh part... looks like you missed something

Gesendet von meinem SM-G981B mit Tapatalk

You're correct. I totally have. Let me back up.

Based on the instructions listed with the container, if I go into the console and type

'guide2go -configure /guide2go/tampa.json' I get an error.

2022/01/31 10:24:55 [ERROR] open /guide2go/tampa.yaml: no such file or directory

Do I need to just create that folder?

Same error. I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but I'm actually running the command from inside the container.

/ # guide2go -configure /guide2go/tampa.yaml
2022/01/31 10:35:33 [G2G  ] Version: 1.1.3
2022/01/31 10:35:33 [ERROR] open /guide2go/tampa.yaml: no such file or directory

Also, is there a better container to use. I saw the one with Owl doesn't have the Beta tag.

Got it! As expected, this was user error. However, I still get a bit of an error at the end of running the cronjob.

2022/01/31 10:46:55 [G2G  ] Deleted Program Informations: 0
Locked [423]
Locked [423]
<html><head><title>Unauthorized</title></head><body><h1>401 Unauthorized</h1></body></html>/

edit: And another question. When I attempt to setup xTeve its asking for an .m3u. Where does that come from?

Edited by flyize
23 minutes ago, flyize said:

Apologies, are you aware of a good walkthrough on how to set this all up?

generally, https://github.com/xteve-project/xTeVe-Documentation/blob/master/en/configuration.md

about my options in my docker, which are described when u read the single parts seperat

here the full range from an all in docker ;) described what its used for, just say "no" to the parts you dont need, want ...

most common is only the 1st one important, the rest are just extras in case someone could make use of it ...

##### Config

use_guide2go="yes" ## update g2g in a cron circle and fix pathes
use_zap="no"       ## update zap2xml in a cron
use_owi2plex="yes" ## update owi xml in a cron and fix some stuff
use_xTeveAPI="yes" ## update xteve via API (needs to be enabled) instead scheduled job from inside xteve
use_xTeveRP="yes"  ## build a RP compatible m3u and xml to use it if xteve is outside LAN and behind a reverse proxy
use_embyAPI="no"   ## update emby after update xml (see howto described in the config part)  
use_plexAPI="yes"  ## update plex after update xml (see howto described in the config part)
use_TVH_Play="no"  ## if you are using TVHeadend, fetch the m3u and use it as file instead http link
use_TVH_move="yes" ## if TVHeadend is used and xml should be used for TVHeadend as file, copy to the tvheadend /data part to import

as sample the API feature, i prefer updating xteve directly behind the g2g update instead the scheduled job (webui)

image.thumb.png.529b3123d2f3c3f1cf07fc981b039666.png

in this sample its disabled inside, i prefer the API call directly behind ... same for plex or emby ...

sample here in plex its disabled

image.png.eccf60a6078007d16e564bdeb52234fd.png

also i update via Plex call from my docker ...

overall, see all these functions as "bonus" and only needed if useful, otherwise just say "no" and these are ignored ;)

So I got it all working, sorta. Thanks for your help.

I'm having an odd problem, and I'm wondering if it could be because something is missing from the container. No matter which buffer setting I use, either my IPTV or my HDHomeRun doesn't work. It goes like this:

• None: HDHomeRun works. IPTV does not (obviously no errors in log)
  • xTeVe: HDHomeRun works. IPTV error: 
    2022-01-31 16:33:13 [xTeVe] [ERROR] Streaming error (Server sends an incompatible content-type) - EC: 4003

• FFMPEG: HDHomeRun works. IPTV error: 
    2022-01-31 16:35:04 [xTeVe] [ERROR] FFMPEG error (Streaming was stopped by third party transcoder (FFmpeg / VLC)) - EC: 1204

• VLC: IPTV works. HDHomeRun error: 
    2022-01-31 16:36:01 [xTeVe] VLC log: [0000154f983afa30] vlcpulse audio output error: PulseAudio server connection failure: Connection refused

I filed a bug report over at xTeVe, but after thinking about it, I wanted to make sure that something wasn't missing from the container.

36 minutes ago, flyize said:

I wanted to make sure that something wasn't missing from the container.

the git is for xteve itself and actually not the docker, but lets make a test.

before, overall i would recommend you run 2 instances, 1 for vlc buffer, 1 with the different setup (everything is better/faster then vlc) for remuxing the streams.

your iptv stream is no standard at all, thats why its only working with vlc as buffer (remuxer) while your hdhr stream is a standard .ts stream and also working without any buffer ... and btw, you should be able to add your hdhr directly in plex without xteve at all ;)

for testing purposes now (i dont have any hdhr device), looks like vlc needs pulseaudio which is not installed in the docker

open the xteve shell and enter

apk add pulseaudio
pulseaudio -D

ignore the warning about root, test if this works or at least makes any difference

You've nailed it. That does seem to fix it.

However, you're correct in that I could just use the HDHR directly in Plex and then use xteve for the IPTV. Not sure why I didn't think of that.

edit: Oh wait, I need xteve/guide2go for the xml guide for the hdhr. So I do need both in xteve.

Edited by flyize