[Support] alturismo - Repos

On 12/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, alturismo said:

UI doesnt matter, thats internal for xteve only ... nothing todo with the external additional features ;)

so yes, this cron.txt should run every day at 06.00 and yes, line/s looking ok now ;)

just also make sure at the top settings that owi2plex="yes" settled is ;)

enjoy

I can se its listed in the cronjob but I never got any updated EPG guide.
So I tried to just do a script in the user script plugin with:

#!/bin/bash
docker exec xteve_g2g_owi owi2plex.py -h 192.168.0.250 -b "PLEX (TV)" -o /owi2plex/stue-epg.xml >> /dev/null
docker exec xteve_g2g_owi owi2plex.py -h 192.168.0.200 -b "PLEX (TV)" -o /owi2plex/sov-epg.xml >> /dev/null
echo "EPG guide updated"
exit

And now I get the EPG every day, without problems dont know why Xteve didn't work?

8 hours ago, casperse said:

CBLguide.yaml ? - What is this?

well, its the sample ... but i guess i know what happens ;)

1/ you probably dont use guide2go, you only use owi2plex

2/ you didnt disable guide2go feature >> "no" ... top level part from the config

3/ i didnt throught to skip misscinfigurations ;)

solution should be, set g2g to "no" as described ...

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hopefully just a simple question from here ...

what is the correct input for hideme_server if you only have a free-account?

what ist the correct input for local-net if your LAN is 192.168.178.xxx and unRaid-Server is 192.168.178.31

Edited by Cpt.Hardy
correct typos
28 minutes ago, Cpt.Hardy said:

holefully just a simple question (written in German)

wht ist the correct input for local-net if your LAN is 192.168.178.xxx and unRaid-Server is 192.168.178.31

well ...

as you see what is already given ;)

192.168.178.0/24

what is the correct input for hideme_server if you only have a free-account?

lets see what google says ... ;)

1st hit

image.png.20b73f25275fe836dfd25a9807d2d458.png

actually, just login to your hideme account and you get a list with addresses from there ... sample

image.png.c919d52f4320ede75383135cdf85576f.png

• 1 month later...

Does Xteve VPN have a kill switch configurable?

or

Is it better to use regular Xteve with OPVN_Privoxy if that has a killswitch available?

Everything is currently working for me with Xteve_VPN but worried about disconnect and exposed?

2 hours ago, Juzzotec said:

Does Xteve VPN have a kill switch configurable?

kill switch, yes, configurable, no

2 hours ago, Juzzotec said:

Is it better to use regular Xteve with OPVN_Privoxy if that has a killswitch available?

if you want a more configurable VPN Container, may look at privoxy vpn from binhex, his is the most advanced VPN Docker here and route xteve through that container.

i prefer "light" containers, but in the end its a matter of choice, just take a look at it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, alturismo said:

kill switch, yes, configurable, no

if you want a more configurable VPN Container, may look at privoxy vpn from binhex, his is the most advanced VPN Docker here and route xteve through that container.

i prefer "light" containers, but in the end its a matter of choice, just take a look at it.

Thank you very much :) I will look into your recommendation.

So Xteve automically kills the connection once the vpn drops??

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having problems with xteve_guide2go? I'm using this with SD, and since Friday it's been hanging up on every run. I realised it was recently updated, so installed the master branch, but same issue.

I run two lineups from a script, but after the first lineup it just hangs:

2024/03/18 09:46:51 [URL  ] https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/metadata/programs^M
2024/03/18 09:46:53 [G2G  ] Create XMLTV File [freenew.xml]^M
2024/03/18 09:47:23 [G2G  ] Clean up Cache [free_cache.json]^M
2024/03/18 09:47:23 [G2G  ] Deleted Program Informations: 3239^M
2024/03/18 09:47:24 Listening on: :8080^M
2024/03/18 09:47:24 Using images/ folder as image path

Any ideas?

33 minutes ago, Rick Gillyon said:

Any ideas?

all i did was updating g2g binary to get the image downloads from SD back working

may wipe the cache files please and try from unraid terminal

docker exec xteve_guide2go /config/cronjob.sh

• Thanks 1

Wiping cache seems to have got me further. I don't use the cronjob.sh, I run from user scripts and the first command in that file runs a script:

docker exec -t xteve_guide2go /guide2go/sdGrabber

sdGrabber file is below:

#!/bin/bash
set -x
cd /guide2go
guide2go -config free.yaml
guide2go -config sky.yaml
wget -O simply.xml "https://tinyurl.com/xxxxx"

If I run this sdGrabber script from terminal, it now runs okay and I get my files, but the script never returns control. Any idea why this would happen? It's run all the script, and I get the same even if I comment the wget or add an exit as last line. 

2 minutes ago, Rick Gillyon said:

If I run this sdGrabber script from terminal, it now runs okay and I get my files, but the script never returns control. Any idea why this would happen?

since a time now its needed as its listening as "web service" for image proxying ... 

so it will not close and should run different wise, as you already customized it by yourself you should be able to sort it out ;)

or take a look at the default cronjob.sh how its handled by me ... to get the loop running through.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, all running now. The cronjob.sh in my appdata folder was very old, so I grabbed it from Git.

There seems to be a couple of errors in that file (although my shell script is very basic, to say the least!): line 79 missing the i in if; "use_xTeveRP" isn't defined. Also the find in the cleanup section throws an error for me (find: -name requires an argument), but this may be my config.

Thanks for all the help, really appreciated.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Rick Gillyon said:

to say the least!): line 79 missing the i in if; "use_xTeveRP" isn't defined.

fixed, thanks

16 hours ago, Rick Gillyon said:

Also the find in the cleanup section throws an error for me (find: -name requires an argument), but this may be my config.

tested and working fine here, if you have a issue here let me know (in terms you are using this feature including cache ...)

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, UNcitizenRAID said:

Yo any help would be cool i am having real trouble accessing my web ui . any help would be cool 

you may should leave atleast some more infos ... starting with docker run command and how you try to access your webui

i cant help with "my car doesnt drive, what can i do" ...

sorry i knew someone would point me in the right direction a made a minor change to get this info but im sure i will need to make more.  I changed the network from my created to host and im in !!!  

you fixed it !

xteve.jpg

Edited by UNcitizenRAID
update
  • 2 weeks later...

Before messing something up on my server, I would like to ask a beginners question about "wg_hideme_privoxy".

After installation and setup this container, will there be all traffic routed over VPN or do I have to choose another container to use this VPN?

Or is it possible to choose between both possibilities?

If yes, what would be the right settings?

Edited by jojo345
1 hour ago, jojo345 said:

Or is it possible to choose between both possibilities?

well, when you run it in host mode ... then prolly everything is running through the VPN ...

nothing i really care about ;)

to use other containers (or clients) you have multiply choices

privoxy (http) proxy is included

microsocks (socks) proxy is included

so if your clients support proxy ... then you can use the proxy functions to route the traffic through VPN

otherwise, docker option extra --net=.... routing another container completely through the VPN Docker

image.png.438e0b28e314022120ea4db711c4f004.png

so, just check what you like to achive and decide ... would i run my complete Server behind a VPN, no ... only the service i like to ...

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your quick and helpful response! And naturally for this docker container!

Yes, with this settings its working for single container.

--net=container:hideme_privoxy

additional set Network Type to: None

And to check external IP I found this to run in console of the container:

wget http://ipecho.net/plain -O - -q ; echo

Edited by jojo345