[UnRAID v6.6.7] Unable to upgrade to 6.7.x

This has been the case since the first 6.7 release was available. When I attempt to upgrade to anything beyond 6.6.7, UnRAID acts like the update was successful and tells me to reboot. When I select 'reboot', it restarts but never comes back to the interface and the machine drops off the network. This is the second time this has happened with the same machine (first was months ago with 6.7, now it happened again when I tried to update to 6.7.2). The only solution I've found is to download 6.6.7 again and push bz* to the flash drive from my laptop, then boot the machine again from the flash drive...

Any help with continuing with updates beyond 6.6.7 would be greatly appreciated.

First, make a copy of your flash drive before you try your next upgrade.    Main   >>>   Boot Device   and than click "Flash" under the 'DEVICE' Column.  In the 'Flash Device Settings' section/tab, click on the "FLASH BACKUP" button.  This will save time if something goes wrong.  (Also provides protection if your flash drive should happen to fail in the future!) 

Now, download the latest release.  Unzip the file and copy (push) the bz* files to the flash drive.  Now reboot the server.  you should now be running the latest version.  (This problem often occurs when there is not enough free memory in the server to allow the unzipping of the new version as it must all fit on RAM-- The downloaded zip file and the complete contents of that file.)  

Edited by Frank1940
47 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

First, make a copy of your flash drive before you try your next upgrade.    Main   >>>   Boot Device   and than click "Flash" under the 'DEVICE' Column.  In the 'Flash Device Settings' section/tab, click on the "FLASH BACKUP" button.  This will save time if something goes wrong.  (Also provides protection if your flash drive should happen to fail in the future!) 

Now, download the latest release.  Unzip the file and copy (push) the bz* files to the flash drive.  Now reboot the server.  you should now be running the latest version.  (This problem often occurs when there is not enough free memory in the server to allow the unzipping of the new version as it must all fit on RAM-- The downloaded zip file and the complete contents of that file.)  

Awesome, thanks! I'll give that a try tomorrow. As for the RAM concern, I don't feel like that would be the issue, since I have 12Gb of RAM and the in-use RAM is usually hovering around 15-20%.