My cache doesn't mount [solved]

I think I got myself in some deep stuff. The first time I did it I guess I was just lucky.

Long story short I wanted replace my cache 128gb to a bigger 240gb.

Instead of copying manually, I decided to add the 2nd cache via usb to the pool as Raid 1 (Which is what I did the first time). It synced, I removed 128gb, cache kept working fine. But when I decided to move from usb to sata. I got this

image.thumb.png.b3cfc37ffe412c0ed5977b88d9fdee06.png

image.thumb.png.a8fb4fc5a1dd45cdc5b717bfa0eb145f.png

I mean Raid 1 shouldn't delete data. I should be able to mount it at least, but I don't know what can I do 

FYI I'm using btrfs

Edited by gacpac

nope. I didn't, i got the same name but it went straight blue detecting as new device. That I've seen it before, but when you start the array the information if there's any normally comes back. This time it gave me that error which throw me off completely, because i put it back and it happened the same. I lost it

valid superblock? what is that

Also, I've seen that before when putting drives back into the array or doing a new config. At least for the data drives unraid doesn't delete. But well, I'll try the recovery options and if it doesn't work I have an appdata backup of a week ago 

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Well if it was blue it wasn't being detected as the previous device, buts as a new device, you should also have seen a warning similar to "any data on this device will be deleted", I believe there's not much you can do now since the superblock was likely destroyed, you can try these recovery options but without a valid superblock none will work.

I tried. I'm sure the data is there but this is not like windows. Look, 

This is me using a software that truly recovers data and can find btrfs "Reclaime" but the file system structure looks different from what I see in the browser. Anyway, I think I'll be starting over.

image.png.f4db25dd49e042075ff64f668689304e.png

Edited by gacpac

Guys do a backup using the backup/restore appdata plugin and copy the VMs you have somewhere else. Make sure you do the libvirt file as well, thankfully the plugin also allows you to backup that

It's not cool when the ssd breaks. Yes, you can recover the data with a lot of effort, but it's not cool. Thanks I had a previous backup from a week ago.

Edited by gacpac
On 7/20/2019 at 2:01 PM, gacpac said:

Also, I've seen that before when putting drives back into the array or doing a new config.

You get the blue icon after a new config, but without the "data on this device will be deleted" warning, when a cache device gets a blue icon and the warning, data will be deleted.

You get the blue icon after a new config, but without the "data on this device will be deleted" warning, when a cache device gets a blue icon and the warning, data will be deleted.
But thought it won't delete data until you press format

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The warning mentions it will deleted data at array start, and that's when it does it, it wipes the previous filesystem, the superblock.
Ooooh. That makes more sense.

But hang on, when I was trying to make it work, I used the new config tool. And it gave me that message with the parity. I continue but the parity came back as I had it.

Unless, It's actually deleted and I'm fine because I have the data drives. (I used the option parity is already valid)

Using this option will not overwrite parity, though the GUI don't reflect that, it shows the warning with or without it checked.
I think I get you know.

I know the Unraid is really easy to use. But man it got me there.