How to set none for eth0 ip address - vlans

Hi

I have done a bit of googling and cant see an answer

I have a 1G Intel NIC and a 10G SFP NIC. I want to remove this NIC from unraid, and just have the 10G NIC with VLANs only, no parent IP address.

The 1G NIC has a static address on VLAN10, no VLAN set, just a static address.

The 10G NIC has 'none' set as the ip address, it has VLANs added, and appropriate static addresses on these.

No combination of what i do seems to allow me to just have the 10G NIC, with VLANs, and no 1G NIC. By that i mean if i disabled the 1G NIC, or use 'vfio-pci-ids=blah:bah'.  I end up with just the 10G interface, but i cant set the IP address as 'none' and only use VLAN subinterfaces.

It seems eth0, whatever device that represents, cant have IP address as none.

What am i doing wrong, or can i even do what i want?

On 7/24/2019 at 10:24 PM, aim60 said:

I believe that within unraid you can only use vlans for dockers and vms.  See if you can configure  your  switchport to send vlan 10 traffic as untagged, while sending the other vlans as tagged. 

Thanks for the reply.

VLANs work just fine with or without VM's or Dockers. I can create sub-interfaces of the eth1 and hit unraid on any of those subinterfaces. I just cant seem to have no IP address on the parent interface of eth0