Best way to utilize my NVMe

Questions

A) In your opinion, what is the best way to utilize a 512gb SSD drive, and a 512gb NVMe drive (I'm guessing SSD for cache, but not sure what the use for the NVMe would be).

2a) Is there anyway to setup partitions my NVMe, and pass through the partitions to various VMs instead of the whole device?

2b) What about using the NVMe as a diskshare or sharing the disk using something like SMB, NFS, etc? My knowledge on all this is very limited but my logic is that since the drive is physically in the computer, performance shouldn't be affected.

Full System:
Samsung 960 PRO 512gb - NVMe (currently unassigned, formally my cache disk)

Samsung 850 PRO 512gb - SSD (Array Disk 3)
1TB - HDD (Array disk 4)
2TB - HDD (Parity)

128gb - SSD (Array disk 1)
40gb - SSD (Array disk 2)
4x gtx1080ti
48GBs DDR4 3000Mhz
i7-5820k (28 PCIe lanes)
Asrock x99 extreme4 motherboard

A bit more info:
I've read using an NVMe disk for cache is a waste. After watching Spaceinvader one's NVMe passthrough video I finally removed it as my cache and currently have it unassigned. I thought I could setup 3 partitions on the disk and instead of passing through the whole device, I could passthrough partitions individually to different VMs, but sadly this is not the case.

Ideally, I'd like to use the NVMe disk to boot 2 VMs and also use it to share my steam library folder between the two VMs. There is one particular game that I play that (I believe) would greatly benefit from the extra speeds provided from the NVMe disk which would results in shorter loading screens.

Edited by neogenesisrevo