"Missing Operating System"

Hey guys!

Ive had an unraid server for about almost a year now and its been great having it! Im still a big noob at this and dont understand how most of it works. I just came back from a long 2 week trip and wanted to back some files up. i turned my server back on after it being dormant for 2 weeks ready to back stuff up and.... it wont boot. i attached a hdmi from my other monitor and decided to see what the console said and it read "Missing Operating System". I have A LOT of important files and documents in there, soo im kindddaa worried i lost em? please anyone, if you can help, it would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Richard

7 hours ago, RichardBoo said:

Hey guys!

Ive had an unraid server for about almost a year now and its been great having it! Im still a big noob at this and dont understand how most of it works. I just came back from a long 2 week trip and wanted to back some files up. i turned my server back on after it being dormant for 2 weeks ready to back stuff up and.... it wont boot. i attached a hdmi from my other monitor and decided to see what the console said and it read "Missing Operating System". I have A LOT of important files and documents in there, soo im kindddaa worried i lost em? please anyone, if you can help, it would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Richard

Just to reassure you the data on the drives will be intact as long as the drives themselves have not failed.    In the very worst case each drive on an Unraid system is a self-contained filing system that can be read on any Linux system (or any system  capable of handling the file system types that Unraid uses.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:34 PM, itimpi said:

Just to reassure you the data on the drives will be intact as long as the drives themselves have not failed.    In the very worst case each drive on an Unraid system is a self-contained filing system that can be read on any Linux system (or any system  capable of handling the file system types that Unraid uses.

I remade the the USB bootable, and now when i launch it, it reads "LZMA Data Corrupted! what now?!?!

2 hours ago, RichardBoo said:

I remade the the USB bootable, and now when i launch it, it reads "LZMA Data Corrupted! what now?!?!

You do not say how far you got before getting that message!   If it was during the booting process it suggests a problem with the USB stick.   Maybe it is failing and that is the root cause of your problems?

• 3 weeks later...