Windows reports share is full, but I have over 6TB free

I have 3 HDDs in my array for the share, 6, 6, and 8. The 6's both have 2TB free, and the 8 has 2.57TB free. However, windows 10 won't let me copy new files to the array as it says it is "full". I have one 8TB as parity.

I have a 2TB cache drive that is currently empty, no VMs, only running Emby docker.

I have done a restart, I have upgraded to the latest version, I have removed the shortcut from windows and added it again.

I have attached my diagnostics report... hopefully someone has an idea.

Help? Thanks in advance.

mediaserver-diagnostics-20190724-2051.zip

OK, I have been googling this for a couple hours now and I found a user that had a similar issue and I followed some directions that johnnie.black had mentioned.

I stopped my array, enabled disk shares and I am able to directly write to each disk in the array with no issues, but I can't write to the share....

Any ideas?

Edited by I_TheRenegade_I
corrected terminology

I created a new share, copied the settings from my Media share and can write to it without any issues.

I have my share set to have 20 GB free, when I try to write to the Media share, it will let me move LESS than 20GB at a time, but anything over 20 it says I have not enough space, I need "X" more GB.

Any other ideas on what could be causing this?

6 hours ago, I_TheRenegade_I said:

Any other ideas on what could be causing this?

Not really, delete that share cfg from the flashdrive (config\shares), then re-start array so Unraid will recreate it with default settings, see if works like that that and if yes start adding your settings.

9 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Not really, delete that share cfg from the flashdrive (config\shares), then re-start array so Unraid will recreate it with default settings, see if works like that that and if yes start adding your settings.

I assume that this won't nuke the share? It will just be the settings, but the data will remain? I just have to ask for peace of mind!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, went away again for a couple weeks.

What I have ended up doing is disabling the NFS shares and connecting to the server via IP rather than name. Haven't had an issue since doing those two things (i did them at the same time, so can't say exactly what fixed it). So hopefully things stay working.

Thanks for you help, weird problem for sure! Mod could close/mark as solved if they want.