Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[SOLVED] VM Manager Won't Start

Featured Replies

On my server, my VM Manager is set to "Enable VMs:  No" and, whenever I switch it to yes and click apply, nothing happens.  The page just refreshes and it still says "status: stopped" and "Enable VMs:  No".  

The same thing happens with Docker.  

Anyone else had this happen?

Post yer diagnostics

Sent from my phone as I'm probably having a beer and enjoying a fire

  • Author
56 minutes ago, Squid said:

Post yer diagnostics

Sent from my phone as I'm probably having a beer and enjoying a fire
 

Once again, thank you!

tower-diagnostics-20190726-1844.zip

I'm having the same issue. I have rebooted the server seeing it if you rebuild the libvirt.img file but nothing is showing up. 

 

tower-diagnostics-20190728-1457.zip

Why do you have 200G for docker image? That may be the largest I have ever seen. You will never need even 20G and if you fill that 20G you have something setup wrong that can't be fixed by making it larger. Do you actually have any dockers yet? Doesn't look like it.

 

Your system share is cache-prefer like it should be, but it is actually on disk1. Delete libvirt image so it can be recreated on cache where it belongs. Delete docker image and recreate it at 20G. It will be recreated on cache also.

So I deleted the docker.img file and set the size to 25GB. You stated "Delete libvirt image so it can be recreated on cache where it belongs". From VM manager I clicked on delete image file, then I rebooted the server and I'm getting a message "Libvirt Service failed to start."

 

tower-diagnostics-20190728-1945.zip

  • Author

I found out why nothing is working...it's because the boot drive is dying.  It's in "read only mode" so it's getting replaced very soon.

 

Thanks, everyone.

  • rmp5s changed the title to [SOLVED] VM Manager Won't Start

 

Jul 28 15:42:26 tower root: /mnt/user/system/libvirt/ is not a file

You've got your libvirt storage in VM settings as 

IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/libvirt/"

Set it instead to be /mnt/user/system/libvirt/libvirt.img

Squid, thank you very much. I was understanding it wrong. I thought I would be pointing it to a file called libvirt.img instead of copying the path and pasting it into the libvirt storage location. 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.