[Solved] hackintosh first load boot/install slow

17 minutes ago, 1812 said:

fixed it, and it's installing now (but taking time tho). guess it's normal considering my setup is running on e8400 and 4gb. a question tho, why my Radeon HD 5750 isn't showing as an option to be selected as the graphics card on the vm edit page?

In your diagnostics file, the file showing your iommu groups is empty. Looking at your cpu here it does support vt-d 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33910/intel-core-2-duo-processor-e8400-6m-cache-3-00-ghz-1333-mhz-fsb.html

I would think that you don't have vt-d enabled in your motherboard options. See if you can enable that in bios settings.

When enabled if you goto the info button at the top of the Unraid Webui. It looks like a small computer screen icon. Click it and it should say

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

In your diagnostics file, the file showing your iommu groups is empty. Looking at your cpu here it does support vt-d 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33910/intel-core-2-duo-processor-e8400-6m-cache-3-00-ghz-1333-mhz-fsb.html

just checked and it's on already (virtualization technology = enabled) but still can't get iommu to change. this thread here says my board supports vt-x but somewhere else which is the chipset seems to not support vt-d. is this the culprit?

Edited by iilied
adding x after vt