Docker - Letsencrypt And Mosquitto MQTT

I worked on the server this weekend and got a reverse proxy setup following this tutorial.  I tried to turn around and apply the letsencrypt generated key pair to the mosquitto mqtt container through the /config directory and modified the mosquitto.conf file to make use of the keys, but the service isn't able to launch as there is something not agreeable with the key pair.  I commented out the config lines referencing the key and found the files are accessible from within the container.  The logs don't say a lot about what the problem could be so I'm wondering if there is a way to enable debug logging for the eclipse-mosquitto, but that may take a little experimentation to build that container with logging enabled.

Is there a technique to apply keys created by the letsencrypt container into other containers?  The eclipse-mosquitto container expects the keys to be with the application on startup using these lines to enable:

listener 8883
protocol mqtt
certfile /config/ssh/cert.pem
cafile /config/ssh/chain.pem
keyfile /config/ssh/privkey.pem