[Support] binhex - UrBackup

On 12/4/2021 at 4:12 PM, wildfire305 said:

2021-12-04 17:08:28,933 DEBG 'urbackup' stdout output:
ERROR: Image mounting failed: Loading FUSE kernel module...
modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.28-Unraid
Starting VHD background process...
Waiting for background process to become available...
Timeout while waiting for background process. Please see logfile (/var/log/urbackup-fuse.log) for error details.
UrBackup mount process returned non-zero return code

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

3 hours ago, gowg said:

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

Unfortunately, no I didn't. I haven't had much free time to dig into it lately - started a new job in January and I'm still learning the ropes. I just tried it again and it did not succeed, but I didn't get an error in the log. I can confirm that the backups absolutely work awesome, even when the client system is using a veracrypt hard drive.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 3:56 PM, BitForce said:

Starting unscheduled incremental image backup of volume "D:"...
Basing image backup on last full image backup
Error retrieving last image backup. Doing full image backup instead.
Data on volume is too large for VHD files with 1.99972 TB. VHD files have a maximum size of 2040GB. Please use another image file format.
Transferred 4.19727 KB - Average speed: 3.664 KBit/s
Time taken for backing up client Main-Desktop: 9s
Backup failed

Having large files on a partition keeps it from being backed up in an image with urbackup .

The above urbackup client log suggests that the file system needs to be a different type then VHD. Based on a little research it also could be related to system being backed up to.  My Unraid array is formatted as btrfs filesystem. See the following:

https://forums.urbackup.org/t/data-on-volume-is-too-large-for-vhd-files/7137

https://forums.urbackup.org/t/noob-question-backups-of-3tb-and-bigger/10164/5

https://www.urbackup.org/features.html - See limitations

Edit:

urbackup supports support cow format:

btrfs

XFS (with cow enabled)

ReFS

winbtrfs (will be in the next 2.5.x release)

However.

Interesting with UNRAID urbackup server doesn not show **cow** despite being formatted to btrfs.

image.png.46e24d65c65749520840645598f55ef2.png

I had to run the container as privleged for it to be able to complete the btrfs tests correctly and use it.  Check the container logs on startup.

20 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

i understand now we can use image backup for windows?

Yes, I use it for 6 windows computers and have tested/restored two of them. Interesting side note: all of the windows computers I run have veracrypt encrypted hard drives as the primary drive that urbackup backs up. When restoring, it is unencrypted until re-encrypting with veracrypt. But the important thing is that it still works! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Masterwishx said:

After first install of docker i have automaticly share created "urbackup_tmp_files" do i need it ? for what its used?

That is probably in your /mnt/user/appdata/urbackup/config folder? It's probably used for temporary files needed by urbackup. Did you specify the location for the backups when installing the docker? 

13 hours ago, wildfire305 said:

That is probably in your /mnt/user/appdata/urbackup/config folder? It's probably used for temporary files needed by urbackup. Did you specify the location for the backups when installing the docker? 

No its made in /mnt/user/urbackup_tmp_files after install.

i used only default paths in container :

-v /mnt/user:/media \

-v /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-urbackup:/config \

i saw some tmp option in urBackup maybe its used for this...

13 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

No its made in /mnt/user/urbackup_tmp_files after install.

i used only default paths in container :

-v /mnt/user:/media \

-v /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-urbackup:/config \

i saw some tmp option in urBackup maybe its used for this...

I created a share called Backup and I pointed my docker container to that so I could control access to that folder specifically. The urbackup_tmp_files is in my mnt/user/backup/ directory. That's probably why I haven't noticed it before.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, wildfire305 said:

I created a share called Backup and I pointed my docker container

i also have /mnt/user/Backups but didnt pointed in container only in urBackup so maybe becose of it its made a share after first start urbackup_tmp_files and also i have dir like this in /mnt/user/Backups....

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade my unraid server to 10.0.0 everything was fine, upgraded to 10.0.1 now my urbackup docker will not backup and cause all my shares to go offline. I have uninstall and reinstall binhex-backup ,still same problem. Ran script to check docker image size, no issues here. only way to get my shares back online is rebooting server. I never had any issues with the app. all I get is a ton of errors in log files. Not sure what broke urbackup. I updated Unraid to 10.0.2 same problem, I really need to get my clients backup going. any help or tips on where to look or fix would be greaty appericated.

Errors

05/31/22 22:34

Creating directory "/media/192.168.20.215/220531-2231/C/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/CloudStationBackup" failed. - Input/output error (code: 5)

Errors

Renaming file "/media/192.168.20.215/220531-2231/.b68xO+K9SCOF35cLk4Bf9Q/16" to "/media/192.168.20.215/220531-2231/C/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/CloudStation/log/auto_updater.log" failed -4. Input/output error (code: 5)

Errors

Storing file to "/media/192.168.20.215/220531-2231/C/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/CloudStation/log/auto_updater.log" failed

Errors

Renaming file "/media/192.168.20.215/220531-2231/.b68xO+K9SCOF35cLk4Bf9Q/17" to "/media/192.168.20.215/220531-2231/C/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/CloudStation/log/daemon.log" failed -4. Input/output error (code

Problem fixed, I had a Sata cable that got pinched when I add memory to the PC and cause corruption issues, that cause urbackup not able to write to the drive which would hang docker and Unraid. 

Edited by southernclipper
  • 2 weeks later...

When I try to install this container through CA, I get the following error: grafik.thumb.png.0693e63609253028910921c231454895.png

'Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: link /usr/share/terminfo/L/LFT-PC850 /usr/share/terminfo/l/lft-pc850: no such file or directory'

I am running 10.3, although this already happened before I upgraded from a 9 version.

My docker images are stored on a case-insensetive zfs dataset, could this cause a problem? It does not for other containers...

I have enough spare RAM and storage, so that shouldn't be an issue, contrary to what you get when you put this error into Google.

Other containers are fine, installing over CA and through the CLI

Edited by steffeneilers
clarification
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably would have come across it if it was an issue, but is it confirmed that Unraid's spreading of files across disks isn't causing issues with urbackup's link-based dedup on large file backups? Planning to move my current Ubuntu server running urbackup and others to an Unraid setup so that I can also get incremental backups of my main storage which is currently 20TB, so it's going to be spread over multiple disks...

Edited by Kilrah
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 6:47 PM, zyv said:

Hey guys,

I have a (I think) small issue with this docker.

Basically it does what it is asked to do, creating backups. But, it is creating them not in the location that I want it to.

I specifically want it to store the backups on disk 10 and disk 11, but it continues to store them on disk 5.

Can you point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong?

Thx!

image.thumb.png.f4cdd2f55e06e71cb35a00e320debce0.png

image.thumb.png.88a22aed334adb482481db9382b6a222.png

Remove the entries for the exclude field and just include disk 10 and 11.  You normally only have one or the other on the share. You might need to migrate the directory on disk 5 to disk 10 or 11. eg use unbalance to move it. After all gone frrom disk 5, ,you should be right.