[Support] binhex - UrBackup

13 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Looks like it's up to date to me. When the urBackup team pushes a new release through distribution it will automatically get built, AFAIK.

The thing is that the AUR entry seems not to be maintained by the urBackup team but a 3rd party, they've apparently tried to set it up to automatically update but it doesn't seem to work since it's 2 versions behind

Edited by Kilrah

Basically you remove UMASK, PUID and PGID variables and change the the variable for the backup to point to "/backups" (container path) and the appdata to "/var/urbackup" (container path).

Change "Repository" to: uroni/urbackup-server:latest

Change "Docker Hub URL" to: https://hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-server

If you want you can use the Icon @ 

https://forums.urbackup.org/uploads/default/original/2X/1/1051fd74d1dcbc3ad4220b43007fcab5287272b0.png

Add a new variable, named "TZ" and enter your right Timezone (e.g. "Europe/Berlin").

The template for the docker container by uroni:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Container version="2">
  <Name>UrBackup</Name>
  <Repository>uroni/urbackup-server:latest</Repository>
  <Registry>https://hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-server</Registry>
  <Network>host</Network>
  <MyIP/>
  <Shell>bash</Shell>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <Support/>
  <Project/>
  <Overview/>
  <Category/>
  <WebUI>http://[IP]:[PORT:55414]/</WebUI>
  <TemplateURL/>
  <Icon>https://forums.urbackup.org/uploads/default/original/2X/1/1051fd74d1dcbc3ad4220b43007fcab5287272b0.png</Icon>
  <ExtraParams/>
  <PostArgs/>
  <CPUset/>
  <DateInstalled>1662522898</DateInstalled>
  <DonateText/>
  <DonateLink/>
  <Requires/>
  <Config Name="TimeZone" Target="TZ" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Variable" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">Europe/Berlin</Config>
  <Config Name="Backup Folder" Target="/backups" Default="" Mode="rw" Description="" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/user/BackupsV2</Config>
  <Config Name="Database Folder" Target="/var/urbackup" Default="" Mode="rw" Description="" Type="Path" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/mnt/cache/appdata/urbackup</Config>
</Container>

Edited by KluthR
added repo changes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey, thanks for this very useful container!
It took me some time but I got clients to do internet backup, however, only with dyndns/direct IP.
Did anybody find a solution to run behind Cloudflare and Swag ?
I don't need the remote access to the admin web interface (for now), i just need the auto backup function to run silently on internet client side.
Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a small nightmare now. Maybe someone here can help.

I have multiple windows machines using the client, and the host is running on my unraid system. Backing up images works like a charm. MY laptap is now taking a dump, and I need to do a restore from one of the backups. I created the Restore CD, ran it, and get to the page where I select which backup to use, but when I look at the list of hard drives to restore to, my internal HD on my laptop isn't there. Any misc USB's I have plugged in are seen, just not the HD. I've unplugged all the USB's and tried again, and now there is nothing listed in the destination dropdown.

Searching the net there were some articles talking about a restore button that should be in the web UI of the server... I don't see it. I can't even find the file that some people referenced changing a setting in "urbackupclient" 

I was able to do a windows restore and keep my files, so I have a partially working laptop. I reinstalled the client so I can try stuff now, but I just can't seem to get a restore started. Any ideas?

when I click on the listed backup from the web ui, all it gives me is image backup information. 

image.thumb.png.6cb7f7e4d4c4e601bb449b038971ca08.png

image.thumb.png.7271157f4cb63bb3bcba38e30dbfc019.png

13 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Could be that the drive in the machine is set to operate in a mode e.g. Intel RAID that the restore CD doesn't support... Might be able to change it in the BIOS.

I'll check that and report back...

EDIT:  That did the trick. BIOS had the drive set to RAID. Disabled that (wouldn't let me boot back into Windows of course) and the when I booted the Reatore CD the drive showed up and I'm currently watching it restore!

20221114_043647.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf147
Updating

Yep, Windows will likely not boot again until you switch.

If you want to get back to AHCI use msconfig to tell Windows to boot to safe mode, change to AHCI, start Windows (it'll boot fine in safe mode and learn about the new drive mode), disable safe mode again and reboot, should be fine then. 

• Like 1

I'm getting an error on the latest version (binhex/arch-urbackup:2.5.27-1-01)

2022-11-17 13:06:55,567 DEBG 'urbackup' stdout output:
ERROR: Error creating pthread. Errno: 1

WARNING: Retrying creating thread for thread pool in 1m 4s...

Was able to rollback to previous version without issue (2.5.26-2-01)

1 hour ago, Phoenix26 said:

I'm getting an error on the latest version (binhex/arch-urbackup:2.5.27-1-01)

ERROR: Error creating pthread. Errno: 1

WARNING: Retrying creating thread for thread pool in 1m 4s...

Was able to rollback to previous version without issue (2.5.26-2-01)

Latest working fine here. Maybe post your docker run?

5 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Latest working fine here. Maybe post your docker run?

Here you go, think its all default though.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-urbackup' --net='host' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e '100'='100' -v '/mnt/user/urbackup/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-urbackup':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-urbackup'
b57e21407f625077ed94a17bccb8d36becb8d86a0ea3799098dc4ce30c6a9ba4