[Support] binhex - UrBackup

On 9/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, binhex said:

It's just the server, and tbh I very much doubt the client would run on slackware, esp with unraid OS being cut down. If I were doing backups from server to server I would simply use rsync.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

This was from 3 years ago, but I presume that it's still accurate, right?

I'd like a server to server backup option that's more-or-less plug'n play. I've got some rsync scripts, but not sure I want to continue using them. I'd like something a little more robust.

21 hours ago, Free Man said:

This was from 3 years ago, but I presume that it's still accurate, right?

I'd like a server to server backup option that's more-or-less plug'n play. I've got some rsync scripts, but not sure I want to continue using them. I'd like something a little more robust.

This might be of interest, you can install the urbackup client on unraid, so you could then backup unraid to another unraid server:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/82198-support-binhex-urbackup/?do=findComment&comment=918119

22 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

Also have this error :

image.thumb.png.fcaa870a933571f7f4a1c7d73f941035.png 

i do not have the errorcode 14 but my logs are flooded with IPV6 errors. would be nice if there was something in the template to turn off IPV6 as i don't believe the urbackup app itself has this built in yet. i notice people complain about this directly on their forum too.

• Like 1
On 11/29/2020 at 1:30 PM, binhex said:

what about the urbackup linux client?, it has statically built dependencies, my unraid server pops up as a client in the urbackup web ui for me, check it out:--https://www.urbackup.org/download.html#linux_all_binary

edit - ran a backup of /tmp for a test and it worked a treat!.

On 11/29/2020 at 1:43 PM, binhex said:

you can try that, i simply downloaded the script, ran it natively on unraid and voila!, it popped up in urbackup, i could then select a path to backup using the urbackup web ui and run the backup and i could see the files it backed up 🙂 it was pretty much painless tbh.

Could you give some directions on how to do this, please?

It's been ages since I've messed with a bare metal Unix system (HP-UX anybody? Like last century...). I've only installed plugins & dockers on my unraid box.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:02 AM, primeval_god said:

Has anyone managed to setup internet urBackup clients through a reverse proxy (specifically traefik but i dont think the proxy is the issue) using websockets and basic auth? I have been following the relatively sparse information from the urbackup site and forums but I find myself stuck. Nearest i can tell despite embedding the basic auth credentials in the url the client doesnt send them with its websocket connect request. Anyone encountered something similar?

Did you ever get this working? It looks like you should be able to forward port 55415 from your proxy to your uBackup server. However, I've not been able to get this to work.

18 hours ago, Nepherim said:

Did you ever get this working? It looks like you should be able to forward port 55415 from your proxy to your uBackup server. However, I've not been able to get this to work.

No I never did. I ended up not using a reverse proxy or wss for connections. Instead i went the old way of directly exposing the urbackup client port to the internet. So far as i can tell wss is not actually compatible with basic auth in a reverse proxy situation.

Edited by primeval_god
On 3/11/2023 at 10:56 AM, FreeMan said:

Could you give some directions on how to do this, please?

It's been ages since I've messed with a bare metal Unix system (HP-UX anybody? Like last century...). I've only installed plugins & dockers on my unraid box.

Managed to get it set up & working. Now, if I could only figure out why my backup server keeps crashing... :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I run urbackup for a while now but since I changed the IDs of some of my clients and reinstalled urbackup after wiping out appdata by changing the Share from Cache to prefer and back etc. my Disk ran full in no time now.

So I guess there must be lots of "unknown" client residual files I would lite to delete.

When I tried to do that in the docker console I got this:

sh-5.1# urbackupsrv remove-unknown
2023-04-19 17:16:58: Going to remove all unknown files and directories in the urbackup storage directory. Waiting 20 seconds...
2023-04-19 17:17:18: Shutting down all database instances...
2023-04-19 17:17:18: Opening urbackup server database...
2023-04-19 17:17:18: WARNING: SQLite: cannot open file at line 39363 of [3bfa9cc97d] errorcode: 14
2023-04-19 17:17:18: WARNING: SQLite: os_unix.c:39363: (13) open(/var/urbackup/backup_server_files.db) -  errorcode: 14
2023-04-19 17:17:18: Could not open db [urbackup/backup_server_files.db]
2023-04-19 17:17:18: ERROR: Database "urbackup/backup_server_files.db" couldn't be opened
2023-04-19 17:17:18: ERROR: Couldn't open backup server database. Exiting. Expecting database at "/var/urbackup/backup_server_files.db"

When I look at media/urbackup/ I find the following files:

sh-5.1# ls media/urbackup
backup_server.db            backup_server_link_journal.db      backup_server_settings.db      clientlist_b_6.ub             server_ident.priv
backup_server.db-wal        backup_server_link_journal.db-wal  backup_server_settings.db-wal  server_ident_ecdsa409k1.priv  server_ident.pub
backup_server_files.db      backup_server_links.db             clientlist_b_17.ub             server_ident_ecdsa409k1.pub
backup_server_files.db-wal  backup_server_links.db-wal         clientlist_b_18.ub             server_ident.key

So I just don't understand why is he incapable to open the database?

Googl'ing the SQlite errorcode, I found an article about the problem https://www.pantz.org/software/sqlite/unabletoopendbsqliteerror.html but then I don't see the mentioned file here...??

The second file he can't open (backup_server_files.db) exists here but it says he is expecting it in /var/urbackup/ , which is completely empty?

/var/urbackup is a symlink to /config/urbackup which is mapped to the appdata folder and that's where the db should be. /media/urbackup is just a backup copy generated during the nightly maintenance. You might be able to copy that back into /config/urbackup.

Edited by Kilrah

Thanks. Indeed I found the files there but it doesn't run...?

sh-5.1# cd /var/urbackup
sh-5.1# ls
backupfolder                       backup_server_links.db         dataplan_db.txt                 sqlite
backup_server.db                   backup_server_links.db-shm     fileindex                       tmp
backup_server.db-shm               backup_server_links.db-wal     log                             UrBackupUpdate.exe
backup_server.db-wal               backup_server_settings.db      server_ident_ecdsa409k1.priv    UrBackupUpdateLinux.sh
backup_server_files.db             backup_server_settings.db-shm  server_ident_ecdsa409k1.pub     UrBackupUpdateLinux.sig2
backup_server_files.db-shm         backup_server_settings.db-wal  server_ident.key                UrBackupUpdate.sig
backup_server_files.db-wal         clientlist_b_17.ub             server_ident.priv               UrBackupUpdate.sig2
backup_server_link_journal.db      clientlist_b_18.ub             server_ident.pub                version_linux.txt
backup_server_link_journal.db-shm  clientlist_b_20.ub             server_token.key                version.txt
backup_server_link_journal.db-wal  config                         server_version_info.properties
sh-5.1# urbackupsrv remove-unknown
2023-04-19 20:55:29: Going to remove all unknown files and directories in the urbackup storage directory. Waiting 20 seconds...
2023-04-19 20:55:49: Shutting down all database instances...
2023-04-19 20:55:49: Opening urbackup server database...
2023-04-19 20:55:49: WARNING: SQLite: cannot open file at line 39363 of [3bfa9cc97d] errorcode: 14
2023-04-19 20:55:49: WARNING: SQLite: os_unix.c:39363: (13) open(/var/urbackup/backup_server_files.db) -  errorcode: 14
2023-04-19 20:55:49: Could not open db [urbackup/backup_server_files.db]
2023-04-19 20:55:49: ERROR: Database "urbackup/backup_server_files.db" couldn't be opened
2023-04-19 20:55:49: ERROR: Couldn't open backup server database. Exiting. Expecting database at "/var/urbackup/backup_server_files.db"

sh-5.1# ls -l
total 1189992
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users         7 Apr 16 19:53 backupfolder
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  52428800 Apr 19 10:22 backup_server.db
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users     32768 Apr 19 21:10 backup_server.db-shm
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users  20983192 Apr 19 21:10 backup_server.db-wal
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 209715200 Apr 17 21:43 backup_server_files.db
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users   1146880 Apr 19 20:05 backup_server_files.db-shm
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users 642625272 Apr 19 20:05 backup_server_files.db-wal
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  52428800 Apr 18 14:50 backup_server_link_journal.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users     32768 Apr 19 20:00 backup_server_link_journal.db-shm
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  10543112 Apr 19 19:59 backup_server_link_journal.db-wal
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  52428800 Apr 18 20:58 backup_server_links.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users    294912 Apr 19 19:59 backup_server_links.db-shm
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 146008712 Apr 19 19:59 backup_server_links.db-wal
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users     94208 Apr 19 10:22 backup_server_settings.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users     32768 Apr 19 18:42 backup_server_settings.db-shm
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users    655112 Apr 19 15:05 backup_server_settings.db-wal
-rwx------ 1 nobody users   2277102 Apr 18 20:58 clientlist_b_17.ub
-rwx------ 1 nobody users   3227964 Apr 18 21:24 clientlist_b_18.ub
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  14967631 Apr 19 20:04 clientlist_b_20.ub
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users        22 Apr 16 19:53 config
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       162 Apr 19 18:42 dataplan_db.txt
drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       130 Apr 16 19:53 fileindex
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users        24 Apr 16 19:53 log
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users        83 Apr 16 19:53 server_ident_ecdsa409k1.priv
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users       128 Apr 16 19:53 server_ident_ecdsa409k1.pub
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users        23 Apr 16 19:53 server_ident.key
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users       335 Apr 16 19:53 server_ident.priv
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users       442 Apr 16 19:53 server_ident.pub
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users        20 Apr 16 19:53 server_token.key
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users        52 Apr 19 18:42 server_version_info.properties
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users         6 Apr 16 19:53 sqlite
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users       560 Apr 19 20:05 tmp
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  35525547 Apr 16 19:53 UrBackupUpdate.exe
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  25448161 Apr 16 19:53 UrBackupUpdateLinux.sh
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       102 Apr 16 19:53 UrBackupUpdateLinux.sig2
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users        40 Apr 16 19:53 UrBackupUpdate.sig
-rwxrwx--- 1 nobody users       102 Apr 16 19:53 UrBackupUpdate.sig2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users         3 Apr 16 19:53 version_linux.txt
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users         3 Apr 16 19:53 version.txt
sh-5.1# 

Hey, I just want to preface this question by saying that I don't really know what I'm doing, and have a very minimal understanding of computers/networking in general. 

I've set up an Unraid server to handle backups for my house. Urbackup looked like a good solution so I installed the app and a client on my workstation. I was following a tutorial on youtube, and left all the settings default, except for network type. The tutorial said to change it to Custom : br0, and to enter a fixed IP. So I did.

I ran a backup and everything seems to be working... but I had a couple questions.

• I'm brand new to Unraid. Shares appear to be some sort of file system? I like to keep my file systems organized, so I have a change in hell of remembering what anything does when I don't touch it for years. Right now Urbackup has created three "top-level" shares. Urbackup, Urbackup_temp_files, and My-Workstation (computer name). Is there any way I can point Urbackup to a share I've already created? So everything is under one folder? I guess this is cosmetic, but It helps me a lot.

• Like previously mentioned, I entered a fixed IP. After doing this, my Urbackup server briefly showed up on my network under that IP, and my Unraid server IP disappeared. This morning my Unraid server IP is back, but when I search for my Urbackup server IP it is gone. Since they're both on the same physical machine, can only one exist at once on my network? Wondering about expected behavior. Should I not have used a fixed IP?

Thank you in advance.

I need to get a little help as I been pulling my hair out to try to find the solution.   I am able to connect and backup on VM's, laptop, etc  (They are all on same network)  but on a Windows 10 desktop (my primary PC) I can't get urbackup to work.  I keep getting "STARTING BACKUP FAILED"  I disabled the Windows Firewall (but it's local, so it should not matter) and I would download client for windows on the bottomn of the Status screen, run the installation on the windows PC, the icon is RED (not white) of urbackup client.   I went into the program files/urbackup but the debug file is blank so no information there.   Please point me in the correct direction as I have tried everything I know.  I been using Urbackup for about 6 months and never had any issue like this before.

Thanks so much.

4 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson20 said:

I need to get a little help as I been pulling my hair out to try to find the solution.   I am able to connect and backup on VM's, laptop, etc  (They are all on same network)  but on a Windows 10 desktop (my primary PC) I can't get urbackup to work.  I keep getting "STARTING BACKUP FAILED"  I disabled the Windows Firewall (but it's local, so it should not matter) and I would download client for windows on the bottomn of the Status screen, run the installation on the windows PC, the icon is RED (not white) of urbackup client.   I went into the program files/urbackup but the debug file is blank so no information there.   Please point me in the correct direction as I have tried everything I know.  I been using Urbackup for about 6 months and never had any issue like this before.

Thanks so much.

im afraid all i would be doing is googling your issue!, try cranking up the logging and see if anything obvious is shown in the log, see here:- https://forums.urbackup.org/t/starting-backup-failed/3219/2

you might also be interested in:- https://forums.urbackup.org/t/update-bug-starting-backup-failed-after-update-from-2-4-13-to-2-4-14/11514

17 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson20 said:

Where do i change the log level to debug, that is a message I keep seeing but I can't find that option on the server?

left click urbackup icon select console then type:-

nano /etc/default/urbackupsrv

change:-

LOGLEVEL="debug"

save and then restart the container.