[Support] binhex - UrBackup

Just tried to install this today and seems like I'm getting the same errors as others. I run about 10 other containers with no issues on 6.7.2 so if it's this sqlite bug it's only affecting this container.

2019-08-01 11:27:22,525 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23427983346600 for <Subprocess at 23427983438008 with name urbackup in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-08-01 11:27:22,525 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23427983441256 for <Subprocess at 23427983438008 with name urbackup in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-08-01 11:27:22,525 INFO exited: urbackup (exit status 132; not expected)
2019-08-01 11:27:22,526 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2019-08-01 11:27:25,530 INFO spawned: 'urbackup' with pid 60
2019-08-01 11:27:25,554 DEBG 'urbackup' stderr output:
/home/nobody/start.sh: line 15: 65 Illegal instruction /usr/bin/urbackupsrv run --config /config/urbackup/config/urbackupsrv --no-consoletime

I'd be happy to post more info if that will help troubleshoot the issue. 

P.S. Thank you for the work you put into these projects @binhex I actually just got done converting all of my other containers to yours today (I love your delugevpn container so it made sense to convert my radarr and sonarr to yours) and found this new urbackup container while I was doing that :)

9 hours ago, TechFireSide said:

Just tried to install this today and seems like I'm getting the same errors as others. I run about 10 other containers with no issues on 6.7.2 so if it's this sqlite bug it's only affecting this container.

2019-08-01 11:27:22,525 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23427983346600 for <Subprocess at 23427983438008 with name urbackup in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-08-01 11:27:22,525 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23427983441256 for <Subprocess at 23427983438008 with name urbackup in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-08-01 11:27:22,525 INFO exited: urbackup (exit status 132; not expected)
2019-08-01 11:27:22,526 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2019-08-01 11:27:25,530 INFO spawned: 'urbackup' with pid 60
2019-08-01 11:27:25,554 DEBG 'urbackup' stderr output:
/home/nobody/start.sh: line 15: 65 Illegal instruction /usr/bin/urbackupsrv run --config /config/urbackup/config/urbackupsrv --no-consoletime

I'd be happy to post more info if that will help troubleshoot the issue. 

P.S. Thank you for the work you put into these projects @binhex I actually just got done converting all of my other containers to yours today (I love your delugevpn container so it made sense to convert my radarr and sonarr to yours) and found this new urbackup container while I was doing that :)

hmm ok so too many people are having this issue, a bit of googling around and i found this interesting comment in a readme for the official docker image:-

For BTRFS support you have to run the container in privileged mode.

so this would explain why it's working for me, i have my cache drive formatted with xfs (dont trust btrfs), i would bet you have your cache drive formatted with btrfs!.

so try this, go to web ui, left click urbackup icon, select edit, toggle privileged mode, save and see what happens, let me know.

edit - with the above in mind @secondsunrise as you are currently the only other confirmed user who has this running, are you by any chance running a cache drive formatted with XFS? or even no cache drive and targetting array for config?

Edited by binhex

My guess is you are compiling the software (or a dependency such as crypto++) using the "-march=native" build flag (See PKGBUILD file in Arch AUR). This causes it to use all CPU features of your current build server CPU, for example SSE4. Some have older CPUs that don't support those features, thus the "illegal instruction" faults. CPU flags are e.g. in /proc/cpuinfo (to confirm this is the cause).

You'd need to compile it on a old CPU, or without "-march=native".

36 minutes ago, uroni said:

My guess is you are compiling the software (or a dependency such as crypto++) using the "-march=native" build flag (See PKGBUILD file in Arch AUR). This causes it to use all CPU features of your current build server CPU, for example SSE4. Some have older CPUs that don't support those features, thus the "illegal instruction" faults. CPU flags are e.g. in /proc/cpuinfo (to confirm this is the cause).

You'd need to compile it on a old CPU, or without "-march=native".

thanks for your post!, you maybe right so thats another angle i can look at if the privileged flag doesnt work, one thing to note is im actually running an old cpu myself, AMD FX 6300 (release year 2012) with no issue, its always possible people are running older processors i guess but i would be surprised if so many people were.

Edited by binhex

I enabled privileged mode (I am running btrfs on my cache) on the container and it didn't help. I also removed the container and image, cleared the appdata folder and re-deployed the container just to troubleshoot but it's still not working. Same errors as before. 

I saw the CPU comments. In case it matters I am running old Intel processors. 2x X5690 Xeons.

Edited by TechFireSide
23 minutes ago, TechFireSide said:

I enabled privileged mode (I am running btrfs on my cache) on the container and it didn't help. I also removed the container and image, cleared the appdata folder and re-deployed the container just to troubleshoot but it's still not working. Same errors as before. 

I saw the CPU comments. In case it matters I am running old Intel processors. 2x X5690 Xeons.

I tried the same thing and got the same results. Only difference is that I'm running 2x X5550 Xeons

30 minutes ago, phreeq said:
56 minutes ago, TechFireSide said:

I tried the same thing and got the same results. Only difference is that I'm running 2x X5550 Xeons

hmm interesting!, so two people both with older procs, ok i think im going to give @uroni idea a go then and create a test tagged image and see how that goes.

Different error this time after appending :test and doing an update.

2019-08-02 13:10:16,213 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23375073562296 for <Subprocess at 23375073562408 with name urbackup in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-08-02 13:10:16,213 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23375073656112 for <Subprocess at 23375073562408 with name urbackup in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-08-02 13:10:16,213 INFO exited: urbackup (exit status 127; not expected)
2019-08-02 13:10:16,214 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2019-08-02 13:10:19,218 INFO spawned: 'urbackup' with pid 72
2019-08-02 13:10:19,230 DEBG 'urbackup' stderr output:
/usr/bin/urbackupsrv: error while loading shared libraries: libcryptopp.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am also running dual Xeon X5590 i think or X5690, as a matter of fact, form the unraid CPU, widget:

Intel® Xeon® CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz if we wat to be precise

Will try the :test thing.

EDIT: Same error as the last 2 users.

Edited by ngreis
I am also running dual Xeon X5590 i think or X5690, as a matter of fact, form the unraid CPU, widget:
Intel Xeon CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz if we wat to be precise

Will try the :test thing.

EDIT: Same error as the last 2 users.
I've spotted the issue and will rebuild another test image shortly

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I've got a test in progress, I'll let you know the outcome.

1. Set up container on unraid at location A. - done

2. Install client on Windows 7 VM running on unraid with urbackup server. - done

3. Run default backup on VM. No restart, just install and start backup. - done

4. Configure port forwarding. (All 3 ports, was that necessary?) - done

5. Spin up blank VM with iso bare metal restore image at location B. - done

6. Connect to urbackup server, select backup completed in step 3. - done

7. Restore backup and compare VM at location B. - 6% complete, may be waiting a while due to internet speed.

Test cancelled indefinitely. SSD cache at location B disappeared. 😪

Edited by jonathanm
Update
  • Like 1
I've got a test in progress, I'll let you know the outcome.
1. Set up container on unraid at location A. - done
2. Install client on Windows 7 VM running on unraid with urbackup server. - done
3. Run default backup on VM. No restart, just install and start backup. - done
4. Configure port forwarding. (All 3 ports, was that necessary?) - done
5. Spin up blank VM with iso bare metal restore image at location B. - done
6. Connect to urbackup server, select backup completed in step 3. - done
7. Restore backup and compare VM at location B. - 6% complete, may be waiting a while due to internet speed.
Let me know if it finishes will ya are you using the test tagged or latest?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm running with :test and it just finished a backup with a new client I added. Seems to be in working order. One note, on default the storage is set to C:\ instead of /media...I have no idea if you are able to change that as a default for the container but for those that aren't as familiar with linux it might help to have that setup as default.

I'm running with :test and it just finished a backup with a new client I added. Seems to be in working order. One note, on default the storage is set to C:\ instead of /media...I have no idea if you are able to change that as a default for the container but for those that aren't as familiar with linux it might help to have that setup as default.

Hard coded default found no way of changing yet

Can anybody currently using the 'test' tagged image now try switching back to latest (remove :test from repo name) and let me know if urbackup still runs ok?.

p.s. also fixed up the default location so no nasty errors like the one above (for new users), yay!.