VM VNC Keymap Error

Hi All

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem and I am not sure how to fix it.

I have had a lot of issues recently but have got my UnRAID server back in the datacenter... but I have an issue with one of my Ubuntu VMs. After the rebuild it has no network connectivity and I think its because of the MAC address of the Ubuntu image - but I can't start to look at it as I can't log in.

I tried logging in with a keyboard & mouse plugged into the server at the DC and I tried from a VNC console and the issue is that my password for the Ubuntu VM contains a & symbol and but shift-7 (&) appears as "K" in the Ubuntu VM.

This has been reported elsewhere;

But I haven't been able to find a work around. It did see a suggestion about installing VNC on another VM on the server - but because I have no network connectivity on the VM I am trying to access, this won't work!

I think I will end up downloading the .img file to my local UnRAID box so I can try to work something out... but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Tony

OK, downloaded the image - mounted it on a local UnRAID server and it booted fine - VNC had correct characters so I could log in - changed password to something simpler with no special characters.

But... given that the primary issue on my production server had no connectivity - when I mounted it locally it was assigned a DHCP address perfectly and worked - anyway I am uploading it back to the DC and fully expect no network - but I can login and start work on it ;-)