Transfer speed issues

Hi, new to unraid.

I wonder if anyone can explain this behaviour.  I'm using krusader to move files onto the array, with a cache drive, sdb. For whatever reason it is slowing the write speed down to cache disk (ssd), it can do this an cause no slowdown of the source read but it will also chug enough to slow down the hdd. The ssd is capable of ~380mbs it looks like. Nothing else running on unraid, latest version (trial)

I hit it from the network and you can see the wait time spike, i guess that's it how do i fix?

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-08-02_00-06-00.png

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-08-01_23-57-56.png

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-08-02_00-17-47.png

Edited by Mr.Cake
Title
5 hours ago, Mr.Cake said:

Hi, new to unraid i think our issues might be connected.

Not clear your issues are connected, and you shouldn't hijack the support thread of another user.

3 hours ago, testdasi said:

Start a new topic. This is a different issue. 110MB/s ceiling is likely due to network limit.

For reference, this thread was split from here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/82226-large-writes-to-cache-drive-causing-unresponsive-behavior/

You should post your diagnostics.

13 hours ago, testdasi said:

Start a new topic. This is a different issue. 110MB/s ceiling is likely due to network limit. 

I was abit slow in taking the screenshot, it dipped down to 60MB/s.

10 hours ago, trurl said:

Not clear your issues are connected, and you shouldn't hijack the support thread of another user.

For reference, this thread was split from here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/82226-large-writes-to-cache-drive-causing-unresponsive-behavior/

You should post your diagnostics.

Sorry, reading the other post the issues were exactly the same.

I think i have worked it out though, trimmed the ssd with fstrim -a and hit it with 260mbps of writes for 10mins now. The wait column (i don't know what that measures) hasn't gone above 20. Krusader stayed response the whole time. Ya.

Maybe mover should run a trim command whenever it finishes?

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-08-02_16-51-43.png