[SOLVED] Mover not working.

I noticed a VM I was working on paused itself and refused to unpause.  I think it's because my cache drive is full.

So I say, "No problem" and click "move now".

Nothing happens.

Click again.  Still nothing.

Looking at the log, it doesn't look like anything is happening.

226141765_2019-08-0115_21_40-SystemLog.thumb.png.42c1111fe81133a1e063fdc7fff9e415.png

I also set the min-free settings as described in this thread (set to 1024kb) and still no luck.

I really don't want to reboot as the VM that is paused is right in the middle of a W10 install and I just put the license key in.  Don't want to waste the key.  (Though, it really doesn't matter...just would rather not.)

Anyone have any ideas as to why the mover isn't working?

Log:  tower-diagnostics-20190801-1527.zip

30 minutes ago, Squid said:

Your share M---a exists on the cache drive, but is set to not use the cache.  Change it to Use Cache Yes temporarily to clean that up next time mover runs.  You can hit "Compute" on the Shares tab next to that share and you'll see how much space it takes up.

Alright.  I changed it.  We'll see what it does!  Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Squid said:

Your share M---a exists on the cache drive, but is set to not use the cache.  Change it to Use Cache Yes temporarily to clean that up next time mover runs.  You can hit "Compute" on the Shares tab next to that share and you'll see how much space it takes up.

It looks like the Mover is running now.  Thanks!

So...where would one go to read about how to decypher unRAID logs?  Would really like to learn how to so I don't have to keep coming here and bugging you guys every time something breaks.  (And I'd like to be able to help here, as well.)  It just looks like gibberish, though.

• rmp5s changed the title to [SOLVED] Mover not working.
  • 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, DonNico said:

mover deamon on my server.

It wont't start.

Are you sure it isn't starting? How do you know this? Maybe it doesn't have anything to move due to the settings for your shares. 

Go to Tools-Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post in this thread. 

32 minutes ago, trurl said:

Are you sure it isn't starting? How do you know this? Maybe it doesn't have anything to move due to the settings for your shares. 

All your shares are set to Prefer.

This is a good choice for appdata and everything you want to move files from the array to the cache.

image.thumb.png.f191db0a25c9c1b34f1a3a00e5629a62.png

If you want the files to be moved TO the array, then you have to select Yes.

image.thumb.png.59f1e8ef8c5d7169dd55877add60b9fb.png

It can be a bit confusing but there is the expected result detailed on the right side.

Also, you can click on the ? on the top right to display the help.

Edited by ChatNoir
  • 7 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 1:17 PM, ChatNoir said:

All your shares are set to Prefer.

This is a good choice for appdata and everything you want to move files from the array to the cache.

image.thumb.png.f191db0a25c9c1b34f1a3a00e5629a62.png

If you want the files to be moved TO the array, then you have to select Yes.

image.thumb.png.59f1e8ef8c5d7169dd55877add60b9fb.png

It can be a bit confusing but there is the expected result detailed on the right side.

Also, you can click on the ? on the top right to display the help.

Holy heckin' this was helpful. I had it completely backwards. This helped me resolve the exact same issue. Many thanks! 

• Like 1