Does docker config need to change after adding cache drive

Addy

Hey guys,

I've recently added 2 cache drive to my tower

I have set my appdata to prefer cache, if I do this do I need to change my docker configurations from /mnt/user/Appdata/Plex/ to /mnt/cache/Appdata/Plex/ once the mover has completed, or do I want to keep pointing it at appdata on the array, it makes sense to me to point it towards the cache, but doesn't the server move data off the cache eventually? 

So instead, do I need to have my appdata set to only?

40 minutes ago, Addy said:

I have set my appdata to prefer cache, if I do this do I need to change my docker configurations from /mnt/user/Appdata/Plex/ to /mnt/cache/Appdata/Plex/ once the mover has completed, or do I want to keep pointing it at appdata on the array, it makes sense to me to point it towards the cache, but doesn't the server move data off the cache eventually? 

If the share settings for appdata and system is set to Use Cache: Prefer, then you're all good.  Just disable the Docker Service via Settings - Docker and then run mover via the Main Tab.  After its done, re-enable

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Squid said:

If the share settings for appdata and system is set to Use Cache: Prefer, then you're all good.  Just disable the Docker Service via Settings - Docker and then run mover via the Main Tab.  After its done, re-enable

Thanks Squid. 

Is prefer the preferred method of doing this, even if you have a cache pool?

When I started the docker for plex is saw itself as a new install, so I changed path to /mnt/cache/Appdata/Plex/  - why did this happen should I copy my backup back to user/appdata and repoint plex to user/appdata