UPS Lost communcation

11 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Try unplugging the USB cable, wait a few seconds and plug it back in.  Double check that both ends of the cable are securely plugged in.  (The UPS end of these connectors is often quite easily disconnected. 

everything seems secure. the UPS worked fine on my windows pc. Im using the ethernet to usb cable that came with the UPS

12 hours ago, dfox1787 said:

unraid isnt recognizing my ups

This not communication error, seems the protocol not a standard APC. You said PC haven't problem, what program (name) use to communicate with the UPS ?

Or you may try plugin "NUT v2 - Network UPS Tools"

Edited by Benson
9 hours ago, Benson said:

This not communication error, seems the protocol not a standard APC. You said PC haven't problem, what program (name) use to communicate with the UPS ?

Or you may try plugin "NUT v2 - Network UPS Tools"

this is the unit i have and cable.

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-03 at 17.47.02.jpeg

cable.PNG

Did you try the various other options for "UPS Cable" and "UPS Typ" in the Unraid UPS Settings ?

The connection is most probably not standard USB.

Also it is possible that there is no Linux driver for this exact UPS Typ (At least the data sheet says that is only compatible with Windows and Mac running the appropriate software).

• 2 weeks later...