AMD FX-8350 Black Edition

I have a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition processor in a Asus M5A87 running Unraid. I want to replace the Motherborad with one that supports the GPU passthrough but keep the same processor and memory. I am having a hard time finding a board. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am currently testing Unraid with a trial licence, and finally successfully use GPU passthrough. My motherboard, if it is any help, is an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0.

From my research, I believe that one of the important part is the southbridge the motherboard is using. In my case it is SB950.

Good luck !

• 3 months later...

Hi @Nnamd

I have same processor with this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

I'm able to do GPU passthrough, actually I've been using the system as Media Player in my living room with a Windows 10 VM with a GTX 1080 and a GT 710 for unraid itself.

Checking specification my motherboard also has the SB950 as the one of Darkman13

I have some issues though that was able to workaround, so I passthrough nVidia sound card (hdmi audio out) and the onboard sound card, to that VM, but the audio in any of those cards has some drift after a while, I was able to workaround it using a free software called VoiceMeeter, which is a Virtual sound Card and it is capable of keep everything on sync.

Hope this helps!