First Time Virtualization

Hi all, I am new to UNRAID, actually I have not downloaded it yet. But I am planning to start using it for home / Photography. I think it  make sense as is going to be easy to backup and is fun learn new things.  I hope this is the right place to post this :).

I  have a new computer,

• Intel i9 9900K,
  • Asus Prime M Plus
  • 32GB Ram (probably i will purchase another  32)
  • Sapphire Nitro + RX580 8gbDDR5
  • 1 M.2 1TB
  • 1 SSD 1TB

I would like to learn  how to use VMs and create 2 VM, one with  Win10 and one  with  Mojave each on an independent HDD (make sense?), not running at same time (I would need another video card right?)

How complicate is to do that?  I would use Mac for photo editing and Win  for casual gaming and photo  editing. 

How  would you assign cores and RAM? i was thinking 1 for the hypervisor and the rest for the VM as I wont use them at same time. 

Is it difficult the passthrough part?, I guess I need that for USB port and video card.  I have never done that I am quite scare to loose a lot in performance if not done correctly

Any  advice? 

Thanks a lot for any  suggestion :)

You posted in the wrong board, this one is for when you want unraid itself to run in a virtualization environment.

What you want is what everyone is doing (and which is easy), run unraid and run windows INSIDE of unraid (where unraid is doing the job of a hypervisor).

Its not difficult at all... and there are a few good youtube vids to guide you thru it..