MediaFrontpage - Possible?

I found a cool looking webpage, that can display information on sickbeard, sabnzb, xbmc, and more.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=83304

I know this has nothing to do with unraid (though if there is a way to get basic unraid info this would be amazing) but this is what I use my server for. I have it running sickbeard and sabnzbd and supplying XBMC. But here comes my problem I have no idea how to set anything up, I am a complete noob that knows very little about anything so I would need you guys to help me out in setting this up if it is at all possible on my server.

I found a cool looking webpage, that can display information on sickbeard, sabnzb, xbmc, and more.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=83304

I know this has nothing to do with unraid (though if there is a way to get basic unraid info this would be amazing) but this is what I use my server for. I have it running sickbeard and sabnzbd and supplying XBMC. But here comes my problem I have no idea how to set anything up, I am a complete noob that knows very little about anything so I would need you guys to help me out in setting this up if it is at all possible on my server.

This may be doable... I have a lot of things to look at already but I will put this on the list and let you know if/when I get to it.

That would be awesome, I mostly just need someone to explain to me how to set up a webserver on my Tower. Thank you for looking into this for me.

In unMenu there is an install for unRAID-Web.  It has a web server built in and you should be able to use it to install this package.

That is pretty much what I was going to do if/when I created an unmenu-package for it.

So does this let you share out your files to friends and family, for example they could watch a movie I have on my server from there house?

Don't think so.

I have got this partially working. unRAID-Web makes it easy. All did so far is:

-Install git:

wget http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-12.2/slackware/d/git-1.6.0.3-i486-1.tgz
installpkg git-1.6.0.3-i486-1.tgz

-Do a git clone:

git clone git://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage.git

-Open default-config.php with gedit and edit appropriately (or you can just edit it in windows)

-Rename default-config.php to config.php

Setup web server in unRAID-web by pointing to the folder you did the git clone to and chose a port. Hit the restart web server.

I had it up for a minute but something happened, I think it crashed, but I have only spent a couple minutes on it.

As far as my understanding its an info page, brings together xbmc, sickbeard, sabnzbd and couchpotato.

I can give you a bit more detail when I make sure its running right.

Does it rely on your XBMC front end being powered on to populate some of it's data?

Yes.  In fact, when I tested it with XBMC not running, it wouldn't show me any info (even though it does not pull it all from XBMC).

Also, I did get it fully working on Unraid.  I used the Unraid web package.

Does it rely on your XBMC front end being powered on to populate some of it's data?

Yes.  In fact, when I tested it with XBMC not running, it wouldn't show me any info (even though it does not pull it all from XBMC).

Also, I did get it fully working on Unraid.  I used the Unraid web package.

I tried getting it to work using Unraid-web, and it would work for a couple seconds but then crash. Could you give me a run through of what you did to get it working? I have Unraid-Web installed and 5 GB of Mem so that shouldnt be the problem

MediaFrontPage is simply a webpage built with php and some javascript which pulls data from a variety of apps (xbmc, sickbeard, sabnzbd etc) and displays it in one simple view. We are trying to make it easy for others to create their own "widgets" to allow pulling information from other apps.

A few things I came here to clarify:

1. It does not stream anything (xbmc has no framework for this).

2. I have fixed the problem with not showing any info if it cannot connect to xbmc.

3. It will work with a mysql database (for xbmc) as it simply connects to xbmc's jsonrpc

4. It doesn't do anything fancy, only requirements are a webserver which supports php AND curl (curl is needed for json calls)

If anyone wants to put a guide together of how to install particular web servers to get this going, feel free to post it in the xbmc thread.

..and a good deal of people won't have their libraries, sickbeard, sab and anything else like that *on* their xbmc machine but rather on a server as their xbmc instance won't be running 24/7.

Offering the option to remove the reliance on xbmc being up would open it up to more people.

Are there any plans to allow direct interrogation of a XBMC mysql server even to a lesser extent?

XBMC will likely never be installable on unRAID however even today the mysql dbase can be installed.

Bypassing xbmc would be a lot of work (and no gain for me) so it is not something I plan on adding. If others wish to add this (or other features) I can give write access to the github repo.

..and a good deal of people won't have their libraries, sickbeard, sab and anything else like that *on* their xbmc machine but rather on a server as their xbmc instance won't be running 24/7.

Offering the option to remove the reliance on xbmc being up would open it up to more people.

I'm not sure where you got your info from but MediaFrontPage does not require sickbeard & sab to be on the same computer as xbmc. As I said in my previous post, I have fixed the problem where other widgets wouldn't load if the xbmc connection had an error. If it cannot connect to xbmc's json server then only the xbmc related widgets (Recent episodes/movies, Media Library and Now Playing) wont function. The hard drive, sab and sickbeard widgets will continue to function, as will the nav bar at the top.

I'm not sure where you got your info from but MediaFrontPage does not require sickbeard & sab to be on the same computer as xbmc. As I said in my previous post, I have fixed the problem where other widgets wouldn't load if the xbmc connection had an error. If it cannot connect to xbmc's json server then only the xbmc related widgets (Recent episodes/movies, Media Library and Now Playing) wont function. The hard drive, sab and sickbeard widgets will continue to function, as will the nav bar at the top.

Yep - but then I can look at them anyway remotely. It's the xbmc integration alongside that's the interesting bit for me. Having it all in one place is the big attraction of this and in my (and many other peoples) environments they'd lose the xbmc info which then makes it less interesting.

Losing a bunch of functionality / information because my XBMC frontend isn't switched on (which it's not 99% of the time) - even though the library is available 24/7 on the same server that's running sickbeard and sab - makes me uninterested. I appreciate you'd lose the what's playing but the rest of the info you highlighted is just in the database. You're just going via xbmc's API to access it right now whereas you could go direct to source if it's using a mysql backend. And, chances are, alot of the people who have abstracted their xbmc clients from their media storage and sab/sickbeard installs will have a mysql backend that's on 24/7.

No idea who you are, but you're talking like you're the author - in which case I'm not belittling your work just trying to offer some constructive criticism / explaning why I won't be using it despite having an interest. Something for a future revision perhaps?

Yep - but then I can look at them anyway remotely. It's the xbmc integration alongside that's the interesting bit for me. Having it all in one place is the big attraction of this and in my (and many other peoples) environments they'd lose the xbmc info which then makes it less interesting.

Losing a bunch of functionality / information because my XBMC frontend isn't switched on (which it's not 99% of the time) - even though the library is available 24/7 on the same server that's running sickbeard and sab - makes me uninterested. I appreciate you'd lose the what's playing but the rest of the info you highlighted is just in the database. You're just going via xbmc's API to access it right now whereas you could go direct to source if it's using a mysql backend. And, chances are, alot of the people who have abstracted their xbmc clients from their media storage and sab/sickbeard installs will have a mysql backend that's on 24/7.

No idea who you are, but you're talking like you're the author - in which case I'm not belittling your work just trying to offer some constructive criticism / explaning why I won't be using it despite having an interest. Something for a future revision perhaps?

Not having a mysql db setup in xbmc myself, I have little interest in learning how to achieve this. I began creating MFP in order to satisfy my own needs.

I understand the benefits of bypassing xbmc's json server but for me, there is none so it is not something I plan on adding. Don't take it as I am opposed to the idea. If others wish to add this (or other features) I can give write access to the github repo.

Oh and also probably should note. I did start this project but a lot of the recent work has been done by another member on the xbmc forums.

EDIT: One last thing, I think the best way to achieve this would be to create a php simulation of xbmc's json server. Zarquon has already added support in MFP for pulling info from a php simulation I believe.

Okay, after thinking about this, I decided it wouldn't be that difficult with the way Zarquon has set things up. I have converted to a mysql db and we've started adding the ability to make direct requests to a db if xbmc is off.

Should be working in the next few weeks when we get time to add it all, but if anyone wants to help make a list of sql statements xbmc makes for each json request (by looking at xbmc debug logs) that would be great.

Cheers

Personally and I do mean personally I would like it to simply show my movies and TV shows with of course plot, ratings and whatever else it would normally scrap from the nfo's.

Everything else is gravy, but for me the simple showing everything is all I would need. I'm not a developer or anything so I don't know how easy it would be.

• 2 weeks later...

So does this let you share out your files to friends and family, for example they could watch a movie I have on my server from there house?

Don't think so.

-Install git:

wget http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware-12.2/slackware/d/git-1.6.0.3-i486-1.tgz

-Do a git clone:

-Open default-config.php with gedit and edit appropriately (or you can just edit it in windows)

Setup web server in unRAID-web by pointing to the folder you did the git clone to and chose a port. Hit the restart web server.

I had it up for a minute but something happened, I think it crashed, but I have only spent a couple minutes on it.

As far as my understanding its an info page, brings together xbmc, sickbeard, sabnzbd and couchpotato.

When I run git clone git://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage.git I get the following error message

git: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Don't think so.

-Install git:

-Do a git clone:

When I run git clone git://github.com/nick8888/mediafrontpage.git I get the following error message

git: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That error would indicate that the "shared library"  libcurl.so.4 does not exist on the unRAID server.  It will need to be installed before "git" can function.

Tried to figure out how to install the library and I wasn't sure what you meant, but use the URL that github provides. I tried to search for mediafrontpage.git and it says no file found when I use my windows machine from their website.

So all in all I'm feeling a bit confused. LOL