[SOLVED] Issues with AMD RX580 Nitro+

Solved with the help of the mighty member @david279 - Everything which was needed was a hdmi display emulator! Thx! :-)

Folks,

I tried to establish a gaming VM and had a RX580 lying around. I followed Spaceinvaders Tutorial but added also the tricks on the forum to get it boot (changing it to Q35-3. and OVMF).

The VM boots fine, but when I look up in the device manager, there is still the Microsoft Display Adapter, which does obviously all the work and the RX580 right beyond it which just bores itself.

When I open up the AMD tool, it tells me, that no monitor is connected to the RX. 

So, 1. Why does that Microsoft Adapter shows up in the device manager in my setup and not at SpaceInvaders,

and

2. How can I switch GPU? 

Any help appreciated!

Thanks guys and cheers!

Edited by hundsboog
Update
1 hour ago, david279 said:

Did you install the AMD GPU drivers?

Yes, via the web Installer. Should I have done it manually? Well, my Intention was, this method would check for a correct installed Card. The Version was 19.7.5 and Wattman does recognize the Card and gives Out correct temp values etc. . Another Point which keeps me thinking is, that it sais in the AMD settings App, that there is no device attached to the card. 

Edited by hundsboog
34 minutes ago, david279 said:

You connect using HDMI or DP? I don't see why it would not be using the AMD GPU as the primary adapter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oh, call me retarded, but this Setup ist meant to be as a streaming Server (Steam Link), did I miss Something? Its only extremely choppy via rdp and Steam streaming Shows only a black Screen which has made me think it is not using the card. The Card definitely works, the AMD Android App Shows me also correct values... 

Edited by hundsboog
  • hundsboog changed the title to [SOLVED] Issues with AMD RX580 Nitro+