walterg74 broken plex

Hi all, as I added some files to my server today, I wanted to update plex media to add these in. 

To my surprise, the "Web UI" option was not available from plex in the docker page.

I noticed there was an "update ready" message, and though maybe it needed to update. I tried doing that but I get a message that reads:

"Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?"

I came across this thread: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38974-support-limetechs-docker-repository/?page=11

I tried doing what IO saw there, and deleted the docker.cfg and .img files, but when I went to rebuild from "previous apps", nothing was shown to choose...

Luckily I had backed up the files so I just copied them back and rebooted and everything is still there, but I still have the initial problem of no Web UI option (I can though access if I go manually) and I cannot update, receiving the same message.

What could be wrong? This was working fine and haven't changed anything.

Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, walterg74 said:

I tried doing this today and it did not work.

I has worked fine in the past but now I get this:

plexerror.PNG

Which plex are you using? You already posted on the linuxserver plex thread. I suspect you have some larger problems though. I am going to split your posts from both of these threads.

And I also see you posted on the limetech support thread about plex. Do you know which plex you have?

For future reference, you can always go directly to the correct support thread for any docker by clicking on its icon and selecting Support.

But lets just keep it here for now since I suspect your problems aren't really about any particular plex docker.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Post your docker run command as explained in this first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

This is what I got when trying to run as explained adding some name/description:

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Test' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Buenos_Aires" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" 'Test'

/usr/bin/docker: invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

16 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

This is what I got when trying to run as explained adding some name/description:

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Test' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Buenos_Aires" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" 'Test'

/usr/bin/docker: invalid reference format: repository name must be lowercase.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

What do you mean "adding some name/description"? There shouldn't be any need to add anything. How did you run this? It isn't even referring to any specific docker. Did you follow the instructions on that link about how to run it?

On 5/26/2017 at 12:03 PM, Squid said:

post the docker "run" command that will appear when you install / edit the application (you can always make any change and then change it back and hit "Apply" to get the docker run command to appear

I suspect the real cause of your problem goes back to this thread:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/78744-help-can-no-longer-boot-into-unraid/

How did you resolve that problem? Everything Unraid needs to update (reinstall) a docker is contained on your flash drive. If you lost that information somehow then it won't be able to update or reinstall any of your dockers and you would have to install them again from scratch. Assuming you manage to set them up exactly as before each specific application should work as before using the appdata already created for them.

I haven't looked at the diagnostics yet.

45 minutes ago, trurl said:

What do you mean "adding some name/description"? There shouldn't be any need to add anything. How did you run this? It isn't even referring to any specific docker. Did you follow the instructions on that link about how to run it?

I suspect the real cause of your problem goes back to this thread:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/78744-help-can-no-longer-boot-into-unraid/

How did you resolve that problem? Everything Unraid needs to update (reinstall) a docker is contained on your flash drive. If you lost that information somehow then it won't be able to update or reinstall any of your dockers and you would have to install them again from scratch. Assuming you manage to set them up exactly as before each specific application should work as before using the appdata already created for them.

I haven't looked at the diagnostics yet.

Followed what it says there to edit the app, but it all comes up blank for me (that's probably the real problem).

Regarding the boot problem you mention, I solved it by re-formatting the flash drive (no quick) and installing a fresh unraid on it and then copying back my configs, key etc.  Booted up just fine after that as expected.

32 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean you restored a complete backup of the config folder? The docker templates, which is what would be required for the docker reinstall to work, are in a subfolder of config, specifically config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user.

I think so, but I will double-check my backup to see if maybe I missed a file... 😕

Followed what it says there to edit the app, but it all comes up blank for me (that's probably the real problem).

Regarding the boot problem you mention, I solved it by re-formatting the flash drive (no quick) and installing a fresh unraid on it and then copying back my configs, key etc.  Booted up just fine after that as expected.

Ok, I guess that was it and for some reason it wasn't copied or in my pre-format backup....

Found it on another backup from when I went 6.6.6 and copied that over and rebooted and now I can edit the app again (all settings/config appear) and update worked as well...  so thanks!

Now I'm wondering if I may have missed anything else... (Although I just have my shares and this Plex docker and that's all, at least for now)

Now I'm wondering if I may have missed anything else...

All of config contains everything about your configuration so if you copy it all then you should have everything. But you should make sure you are using a recent backup. You can get in trouble using a backup with different disk assignments.

10 minutes ago, trurl said:

All of config contains everything about your configuration so if you copy it all then you should have everything. But you should make sure you are using a recent backup. You can get in trouble using a backup with different disk assignments.

Yes, this was very recent and I had not really made any changes (besides I used this backup just to fix this docker problem, the main config was current and did not need to use it), also just in case I have the array set to NOT auto-start to verify :)

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks, have a pretty basic server setup, with just plex docker added.

Everything was working fine, and today after no updates, no changes etc., suddenly my plex apps cannot connect anymore, saying my media server is not available.

Trying to connect locally I get "500 internal server error" (or course tried restart, reboot, and power down/up).

After a restart of the docker, the log shows the following:

*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID 17)...
*** Running /etc/my_init.post_shutdown.d/10_syslog-ng.shutdown...
Aug 4 17:46:36 Tower syslog-ng[11]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.5.6'
Aug 4 17:46:36 Tower syslog-ng[11]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Init system aborted.
*** Killing all processes...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
Aug 4 17:46:45 Tower syslog-ng[11]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'
Aug 4 17:46:46 Tower syslog-ng[11]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 17
Aug 4 17:46:46 Tower cron[21]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Aug 4 17:46:46 Tower cron[21]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)
6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/HTbackdrops.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/LastFM.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/Fanart-TV.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/MoviePosterDB.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/LyricFind.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/LocalMedia.bundle.

Can those plugin errors be the sole problem (and how do I fix that what is the issue) or could there be something else wrong here?

Hi Folks, have a pretty basic server setup, with just plex docker added.

Everything was working fine, and today after no updates, no changes etc., suddenly my plex apps cannot connect anymore, saying my media server is not available.

Trying to connect locally I get "500 internal server error" (or course tried restart, reboot, and power down/up).

*** Init system aborted.
Aug 4 17:46:46 Tower cron[21]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/HTbackdrops.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/LastFM.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/Fanart-TV.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/MoviePosterDB.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/LyricFind.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-7eb2c8f6f/LocalMedia.bundle.

Can those plugin errors be the sole problem (and how do I fix that what is the issue) or could there be something else wrong here?

*** Init system aborted.

Can those plugin errors be the sole problem (and how do I fix that what is the issue) or could there be something else wrong here?

6 hours ago, walterg74 said:

*** Init system aborted.

Where do you see that log? That doesn't look like the docker log for our image

56 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

That is the LimeTech version of the Plex docker not LSIO. You’ll need to post in that thread. Click the docker icon and select support.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. 

Seems in my lack of understanding I actually did post on the right thread too on sunday, but have not received any replies, so guess will have to wait it out a bit. 

Out of curiosity, what are the differences? Aren’t they both plex or what else am I ignorant of?

16 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Seems in my lack of understanding I actually did post on the right thread too on sunday, but have not received any replies, so guess will have to wait it out a bit. 

Out of curiosity, what are the differences?

Primarily the support system. LSIO is much more active.