walterg74 broken plex

15 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Out of curiosity, what are the differences? Aren’t they both plex or what else am I ignorant of?

I’ve never used the LT docker but from posts I’ve seen LT doesn’t update as often so probably different versions of Plex. Not absolutely sure, but the LT version may not support Plexpass as well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. 

Seems in my lack of understanding I actually did post on the right thread too on sunday, but have not received any replies, so guess will have to wait it out a bit. 

Out of curiosity, what are the differences? Aren’t they both plex or what else am I ignorant of?

Different docker images created by different devs.

They are like 2 different operating systems both running plex

On 8/6/2019 at 8:08 PM, jonathanm said:

Primarily the support system. LSIO is much more active.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:09 PM, wgstarks said:

I’ve never used the LT docker but from posts I’ve seen LT doesn’t update as often so probably different versions of Plex. Not absolutely sure, but the LT version may not support Plexpass as well.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, aptalca said:

Different docker images created by different devs.

They are like 2 different operating systems both running plex

Thanks guys, so how hard would it be to migrate to this one?

On 8/8/2019 at 9:49 AM, walterg74 said:

Thanks guys, so how hard would it be to migrate to this one?

Plex DB and metadata is pretty OS agnostic. As long as you keep the directory structure you should be able to move it between systems/containers at will. I've moved my Plex from Windows to Linux to a docker container all without ever having to reload the metadata. The only gotcha is that the config/settings file is different between Windows and Linux/docker. But going from a docker container to another container there should really be nothing you have to do other load it up and point the appdata at your existing Plex directory. Make sure your paths, especially for media, are mapped the same as well so when you load up Plex it finds all your stuff at the same locations.

20 hours ago, dockerPolice said:

Due to the more advanced features available in the linuxserver / binhex / Official Plex versions, you really should make a note of your current path mappings, then remove the LT Plex Version, then install the replacement version, set up / add the paths accordingly, and click "Show More Settings", and change the host mapping for /config to match the old appdata storage.

Just to be sure I don't screw up...

Make note of all paths, etc. in order to point the new one there, and once I have this info I can just DELETE the docker/app and I don't lose anything? (and immediately after deleting install the new one and configure it just like the old one?)

1 hour ago, walterg74 said:

Just to be sure I don't screw up...

Make note of all paths, etc. in order to point the new one there, and once I have this info I can just DELETE the docker/app and I don't lose anything? (and immediately after deleting install the new one and configure it just like the old one?)

Make a backup of your appdata just in case. The whole point of the exercise is to get the new docker to use the appdata already in place.

In addition to reusing the appdata, you must be sure to map all your media exactly the same, including upper/lower case. Plex, reusing the appdata, is going to expect to find your media in exactly the same place.

12 hours ago, trurl said:

Make a backup of your appdata just in case. The whole point of the exercise is to get the new docker to use the appdata already in place.

In addition to reusing the appdata, you must be sure to map all your media exactly the same, including upper/lower case. Plex, reusing the appdata, is going to expect to find your media in exactly the same place.

Thanks, I will keep all this in consideration and migrate away and see what happens... 😶

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Ok, unfortunately, the install went well, all paths pointing to the same location, etc. but it it is also not working, and when I go to the webui it still keeps giving the 500 Internal Server Error message... :( 

What can I provide to know what's wrong?

2 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

but it it is also not working, and when I go to the webui it still keeps giving the 500 Internal Server Error message... :( 

Since it looks like it was also doing that before your migration, I'd guess that is "correct"

3 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

The logs from the container.  Not a plex guy however, so to be honest if no one pipes in then maybe your best best is to nuke the image and appdata and then start over again.

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Since it looks like it was also doing that before your migration, I'd guess that is "correct"

The logs from the container.  Not a plex guy however, so to be honest if no one pipes in then maybe your best best is to nuke the image and appdata and then start over again.

Ok, now I have to go over again, because due to post merging my Qs wound up here, but I now have the linux docker and not the limetech...

Ok, now that I have finished installing the linuxserver one, I cannot continue there... :(

Install went fine, but I still have the same error, so will continue here since it's all on this version now.

Docker is up and running, but not working and webui gives again the "500 Internal Server error" message... Can something be corrupted?

Log after restarting the docker shows the following:

[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for verisoning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-22929c8a2/HTbackdrops.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-22929c8a2/Fanart-TV.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-22929c8a2/LastFM.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-22929c8a2/LyricFind.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-22929c8a2/MoviePosterDB.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-22929c8a2/LocalMedia.bundle.
Error starting framework core for /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-22929c8a2/LocalMedia.bundle.

1 hour ago, walterg74 said:

Install went fine, but I still have the same error, so will continue here since it's all on this version now.

Docker is up and running, but not working and webui gives again the "500 Internal Server error" message... Can something be corrupted?

Post your docker run command as explained in the first link of the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

and also post your Diagnostics. Tools - Diagnostics, attach complete zip to your next post.

2 hours ago, walterg74 said:

Ok, unfortunately, the install went well, all paths pointing to the same location, etc. but it it is also not working, and when I go to the webui it still keeps giving the 500 Internal Server Error message... :( 

OK. I thought you were just trying to find out how to switch to another plex since limetech isn't supporting this one anymore. I didn't realize that the reason you were trying to switch to another plex is because you had broken one and were just shotgunning.

I am going to split all of your posts about this and their replies in both of these threads into a separate thread just for you.

EDIT

I see you had already started a thread back in March. Probably would have helped everyone keep up if you had at least linked to it in your new posts.

I have merged all of this.

Or maybe Squid has the right idea:

2 hours ago, Squid said:

maybe your best best is to nuke the image and appdata and then start over again.

I would still like to see your Diagnostics though. Possibly there is something about the way you have configured Unraid itself that has caused you to break Plex.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, trurl said:

OK. I thought you were just trying to find out how to switch to another plex since limetech isn't supporting this one anymore. I didn't realize that the reason you were trying to switch to another plex is because you had broken one and were just shotgunning.

I am going to split all of your posts about this and their replies in both of these threads into a separate thread just for you.

EDIT

I see you had already started a thread back in March. Probably would have helped everyone keep up if you had at least linked to it in your new posts.

I have merged all of this.

Thanks for this, actually back in march was a completely different issue, and after repairing it all returned to normal and had been using it since.

This is something new. Had a couple of days impossible to sit at the computer so now will submit what you asked.

Thanks again.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:26 AM, trurl said:

Or maybe Squid has the right idea:

I would still like to see your Diagnostics though. Possibly there is something about the way you have configured Unraid itself that has caused you to break Plex.

Coming right up. Also consider that this was working fine since the first install, with only the issue in march (could not update), and after that this new one, but all throughout no changes in unRAID configuration.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:17 AM, trurl said:

So the next thing in the discussion is

Ok, here is the output from the run command, following the link provided:

Stopping container: PlexMediaServer

Successfully stopped container 'PlexMediaServer'

Removing container: PlexMediaServer

Successfully removed container 'PlexMediaServer'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='100m' --log-opt max-file='3' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Buenos_Aires" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/TV Shows/':'/TV Shows':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/3D Movies/':'/Movies - 3D':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/SD Movies/':'/Movies - SD':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/HD Movies/':'/Movies - HD':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/UHD Movies/':'/Movies - UHD':'rw' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer/':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

e887028e16bb5b12a9fe3195bc8e238364bb227e72b6f2b4731755ea39a28f78

The command finished successfully!

You have several volume mappings that don't make any sense because they don't have a Host path:

4 hours ago, walterg74 said:

-v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw'

Are you actually referencing any of these in Plex?

I wonder if this might not be the source of this problem:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs          932M  544M  388M  59% /

If you fill up rootfs you are going to cause all sorts of problems with core Unraid.

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

You have several volume mappings that don't make any sense because they don't have a Host path:

Are you actually referencing any of these in Plex?

I wonder if this might not be the source of this problem:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs          932M  544M  388M  59% /

If you fill up rootfs you are going to cause all sorts of problems with core Unraid.

No, I do not and did not create them either. These seem to be what appear when you install the app, except I changed them before hitting apply (initially, not later). Not really sure why they would show up, they do not appear in the gui config of the docker...

Regarding the rootfs, what would fill this up? i’m not doing anything on purpose/manually there.  

Just for the record, run command after removing those mappings:

Stopping container: PlexMediaServer

Successfully stopped container 'PlexMediaServer'

Removing container: PlexMediaServer

Successfully removed container 'PlexMediaServer'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='100m' --log-opt max-file='3' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Buenos_Aires" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/TV Shows/':'/TV Shows':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/3D Movies/':'/Movies - 3D':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/SD Movies/':'/Movies - SD':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/HD Movies/':'/Movies - HD':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/UHD Movies/':'/Movies - UHD':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer/':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex' 

cb42d272f41566ffa28fb0547f89fde0e2609043538a22663d76e9e1dee5f86c

The command finished successfully!